Chapter 18

MAGNUS POV

Silence enveloped the entire room. Dad is on the window, looking outside and thinking of something. Stan was in front of me. He is reading something he got from Quinn's room.

I was also just sitting, waiting for what dad would say. I can't move because I'm afraid Yul will wake up. He is sleeping in my arms. He slept through his crying. He is holding my hand from earlier. He didn't let it go. And even now that he's asleep, he still hasn't let go. I tried to pull my hand from his grip but he woke up and started crying. So, I just let him hold it. I didn't even move an inch after that. He might wake up again and cry. I don't know how to pacify him if he wants to cry again. Aya is still unconscious and Stan also doesn't have any idea how to pacify a crying kid. If only Quinn is here.

"I didn't think I would see him again at my age." Dad said, breaking the silence in the room.

"Who?" Stan asked. He put down what he was reading. I have the same question as him.

"King Nero. Quinn's great great grandfather."

Stan and I looked at each other. I don't know who dad is referring to. Except for the old man that Quinn called dad... Wait, is he the person dad was referring to? There was no other visitor here before except him.

I look at dad. Our eyes meet and as if he read the question in my mind, he gives me a nod.

"That unexpected visitor a while ago is King Nero."

"How? And why does Quinn call him papa? I asked weakly but it was enough for dad to hear. I'm afraid that Yul will wake up because of my voice. His crying and throwing tantrums are the last thing I want to happen.

"Because he looks like Quinn's father." Dad answered.

"Have you met him? I mean Quinn's father?"

"Once in a party."

"But isn't king Nero already dead?" Stan asked.

"That's what I know?" Dad came to us and sat next to me. "When I receive a call from Stan and he describes to me who was the unexpected guest, I already know who it is. He is the only person I know that has that kind of aura, but I was in doubt. I was thinking that maybe I was wrong. Or maybe the memory I have is just wrong. But when I saw him with my own eyes and witness everything, I was so sure that it was King Nero, Quinn's great-great-grandfather. What bothers me now is how it happened? And if he's alive, why did he show up now? Why not when Quinn's parents died?"

"For sure, there is a big reason for it," I said.

"Yes, there is. And that's what I want to know."

"Why does it sound like you are thinking something negative, dad?" I more Yul so that he can lay down on me properly. His head is slowly sliding down my chest. Luckily he didn't wake up. He is sleeping soundly, thank God.

"Because I am. I know that Quinn's clan is powerful, but not to the point that they can oppose their own death. Because if they could do that, all of Quinn's ancestors might still be alive today. But the fact that King Nero is alive and appears in front of us, there is something wrong happening right in front of us that we don't know.

"Do you think uncle is the one behind this?" I asked again.

"That is impossible, but as the ordinary human said, if there is a will, there's a way. If he wants to reach his goal, he will do everything he can."

"That old man is not King Nero and Quinn is not safe." I massage my head.

"As of now, he is. If your uncle had a plan for this, he wouldn't have killed Quinn right away. It is doubtful if that happened. And knowing your uncle, he is not the kind of man who just takes a step that will destroy him."