Chapter 7

I swallowed the lump in my throat twice. I slowly turned my head to the person beside me. My heart is beating faster and louder. Too loud that I can't even heard the noise around me.

I don't believe when people says that their world stops when they saw the person they love. But now, I did. Not because I have feeling to this person but because I never that I'll meet him again.

"Bo...boss?"

"Yeah, it's me." He smiled at me, making my heart beat faster than it is.

I'm lost of word. I cannot think of any word to say, like my brain suddenly get empty. All I can do is stared at him.

He look more handsome that the last time I saw him. His haircut change. He got a new ear pierce on his right ears. He still wearing white silver earrings and necklace. He really hates gold. He loose weight but became more fit.

He's not wearing suit. He is only wearing plain black shirt and pants. Too regular outfit, but still he look hot.

And the perfume he is wearing is the scent of the same perfume I choose for him 3 years ago. I'm wondering if it is the same brand of just the same scent.

"Doing grocery?" He look to my pushcart.

"Yeah. There's no more food in stock at home." I mentally say thank you because I didn't stutter not like a while ago, because if I did I might asked the floor to swallow me.

"Baby food? Do you have a child already?"

For the second time, everything stops. Even my breath stops because of Magnus questions.

It took me minutes before I regain everything. And I know Magnus already know the answer. My silence and facial expression already give him the answer. But, I need to lie.

"Ah, I don't have one. I'm just craving for some kids food."

I take a peak at the contents of my pushcart. Luckily the food I choose for Yul can be eaten by everyone. I mean I can eat it so my it can justify my lie.

But who did I fool? It's as if this person in front of me has never been my boss. I'm more than aware that even with the simple sigh of the person in front of him, he gets an answer.

"Really. I thought you have a child already."

"That is impossible to happen boss." I nervously chuckled.

"Why? You're not in any relationship?"

"Yeah and I don't even have time for that."

How can I if at this time I was slapped by the reality that you are still in my heart.

"Good to hear." Magnus murmured.

"Huh?"

Good to hear? Why?

"Nothing."

I just nodded. I must have heard wrong.

"By the way, why are you here?"

What a dumb question self? What are you doing at the grocery store? Seriously? You are also more than aware that your ex boss sometimes likes to shop for what he needs in far away stores, especially when he wants to waste gas out of boredom.

"I have a meeting near here. I just passed by here. The rain is too heavy."

I nodded again. So, can I say that this is only a coincidence? This will not happened again right? No coincidence that happened twice, right?

"Is there anything that you need to buy? I can offer a help."

"Ah...no boss. Flour is the last thing in my list." I answered immediately.

What's with him? Offering help is not part of his vocabulary unless the one in need is an old person. Did he change?

"Are you going to bake?"

And he has a lot of questions. Too talkative. Whereas before it was very difficult for him to speak five words.

"Yes boss."

"Can I have a taste of it?"

"Of course you can. I'll asked Aya to bring one for you soon.

"I look forward to it. Anyway, let me pay for that." He grabe the handle of the pushcart. "And you can't say no."

I was dumbfounded for a second. I scratch the back of my head and nodded my head to him.

There are things that might change, but there's only one thing that doesn't change with Magnus. Him being and hate on the answer NO.

I quietly followed Magnus to the counter. I just observe him from behind while he's putting everything I bought on the counter. His body is still... Yummy? His muscles are in the right place. It's not that big. They are big enough to make him look yummy, hot and gorgeous. His biceps is tempting me to hold and squeeze them.

I shook my head. Why do I have to describe it that way?

I took my eyes off of him and turned it to the small screen at the cashier. I need to know how much everything I bought is so I can pay it to Magnus. For sure, he will keep the receipt. He's like that when he wants to pay something for someone.

"Where do you live? I'll bring you there."

I immediately panic with his question after he give payment for my grocery

"I brought a car." I nervously answered.

"Really... Then let me walk you there."

"No need boss. I can do it myself. Letting you pay for what I bought is to much already."

I grab the pushcart handle and nervously smile at him.

No! He can't see that my stuff is Aya's car. What if he recognized it? He will know that Aya and I live together in the same house and everything will follow.

"Okay. Take care."

"Thank you again boss. Take care too."

I did not wait for his answer anymore. I walk away as farer as I can from him. My heart is pounding fast and loud. I think if I stay longer with him, I might end up in the hospital.

Magnus POV

My eyes never leave him until I cannot see him anymore. Quinn is too aloof and too obvious that he don't want to stay with me for long. I mean, my presence alone make him agitated and nervous.

"Boss." I look at my men whom I asked for errand.

"Did you take everything?" I look at the fully loaded pushcart, checking if they miss some baby food that Quinn bought.

"We did boss." Fu answered.

"Good. Pay for it and delivered it to Quinn's house. I don't want Yul to get hungry. Also, I don't like Quinn getting out of the house in this kind of weather." I give him my black card and left without hearing his answer. I need to follow Quinn to make sure that he get home safely.