Chapter 8

QUINN POV

I'm so restless. I'm so nervous. I keep pacing back and forth in our room. I'm thinking of what I should do.

I'm aware that the world is small. I also know that there's no secret that can be hidden forever. But I'm not prepared for this yet. I know that someday, our paths will cross again. Someday, we will meet again, but I never expected it to be this soon. I didn't expect to see him now. I was expecting that we will meet when Yul grown up.

What should I do? Should Yul and I leave? Should we move somewhere? But where?

This place is far from the city already. Magnus house and the company are located in the heart of Bangkok. We were several miles away from him, but our paths still crossed.

I sat on the edge of the bed and watched Yul busy eating his favorite snack while watching his favorite cartoon show.

Nervousness and fear crawled slowly to me. What if Magnus meets Yul, what will he think? Will he be angry? Will he accept Yul as his son? If yes, will he take Yul from me? What if he denies Yul? What should I do?

Of course, if he denies it, I might kill someone. I will also feel sorry for Yul because his father denied him.

But will I still wait for that to happen? Should I wait for Magnus and Yul to meet? Should I wait for my son to hear himself that his father will deny him?

Of course not! I will not allow Yul to get hurt. He may be young but he is the kind of child who already understands what is happening around him. He is also the kind of child who remembers even the smallest details.

No! I won't let him hear that. I will not allow Yul to hear that.

We're leaving. Yeah, right. We should leave this place. But where are we going?

In the province where I grew up?

No. Yul can't grow up there. I'm an omega. Even though Yul is an alpha like Magnus, he will be teased because I raised him. I am an omega. Even though it's normal for me to raise him because he came from me, but not growing up with his alpha father is a big issue. I am a young and single mother if we are going to put it in other term. And Yul is an unplanned baby or as they call it an unplanned kid or unwanted child. And it doesn't matter if you are an alpha. As long as your parents are not together, you are an unwanted child.

So, where should we go? Could it be in Aya's province? But if we go home there, Aya will compromise. They will think that I am Aya's good-for-nothing husband and Yul is her son. Although her family knows about me, their neighbors know nothing.

Should I go to my Aya's mother's birth place? I don't know much about that place but that's okay. No one knew us in that place either. If I remember it correctly, auntie Gina, Aya's mother, said that her birth place is a peaceful one. If his husband agreed to settle there, maybe they have a different life.

I think that's the best option. No one will think that we will settle there, especially if Aya stays here. I better talk to Aya later.

I looked at Yul and I was surprised that he was also looking at me with a serious face. I heaved a deep sigh. I stand up and squat in front of him.

"You're pushing something out, right? You're pooping."

"Yes."

"I already told you that if you are going to poop, you have to tell me." I pull him up and immediately remove his shorts. He is still wearing diapers since I put him in bed before I left. Luckily I forgot to remove it.

"I did but you're ignowing me."

I suddenly look at Yul who is ready to cry anytime. He hates it if I'm mad at him. He will cry if I scold him especially if it is not his fault.

I caress his head. "Sorry baby." I am that immense on thinking of where to go. I really hate how fate is playing games with me.

"Mama not mad at Yul?"

"No baby. It's my fault. I'm not mad at you."

"Owkey. Wash bumbum pweash. Eww smell."

I laugh when Yul pinch his nose. I shook my head and carry him to the bathroom to clean.

"Mama thinking of something?" Yul asked.

"Kinda."

Sometimes it made me wonder why Yul is like this at his age. Is it because he is an alpha? Or because of the vitamins he is taking? Or was it a gene? Of course, it is Magnus gene. He is the smartest of the two of us.

"You thinking of gettwing new daddy?"

I frowned and immediately look at Yul.

"No." Why he is into having a new dad?

"Why?"

"Why do you want another dad?" I asked him back. I think this is a serious matter. Yul seems like pushing me to have a boyfriend and I really need to know why.

"Me want daddy. A baby like me should have a mama and papa. I only have a mama."

"Is that the only reason?" I pull him out of the bathtub and put him down on the top of the toilet cover and proceed to dry his lower body.

"No. You buy baking things. You not only bake for Yul. You bake for a lot of people. You will sell it. You will get tired. Yul doesn't want mama to get tired. Mama should only stay at home and take care of Yul."

I was shocked by what Yul said. How can he think of those words at his age? Where does he get those?

"Okay. So, should I look for a sugar daddy?"

Seriously self? Do you really have a talk t Yul like this?

"I want a daddy, not a candy, mama."

I mentally slapped myself. It's a good thing he doesn't know the sugar daddy yet. I don't know what I will do if he knows about it.

"Any other reason why you want another dad?" I carried Yul back to our room. I put him beside our bed, then, I get a new pair of pajamas for him and a diaper.

"Because daddy should be the one who needs to work. Mama should stay home, take care of Yul and give me a little brotwer or sistwer."

My hand move on its own and flicked Yul's forehead. Too late for me to realize that he hate it. He hates being flicked in the forehead for an unknown reason.

"You know a lot of things, Yul." I seriously said. I think he deserves that gentle flick because he knows a lot of things already.

I put on his diaper and pajama and combed his hair using my fingers. He's just pouting and playing his fingers. He is mad. Finger-playing is the sign.

"Okay. I go to mommy Aya." He said as soon as I finish combing his hair. I didn't answer. I opened the door for him and watched him carefully step out of of the room.

I heaved a deep sigh when Yul reach the living room where Aya is. I shook my head. My little man is mad at me.

I cleaned our room. I put all of Yul's toys aside before I swept. I also fix our bed so we can lie down later.

After cleaning, I took a bath. I thought about what I should do. I'm not ready for Yul to meet Magnus. I'm not ready for what could happen. And for me to prevent those things from happening, I will keep Yul away. We will go away. I decide to stay in the province of Aya's mother. I will talk to him when Yul is asleep.