Chapter 14

Author's note: sorry for the delay in the update. I'd been crazy about the Kinnporsche World Tour in Manila that I really can't write anything at all. And yeah, I attend the concert, saw all my babies and daddies, and experience the most amazing 4-hour concert. And now, back to reality. I'll try my best to update every other day or at least thrice a week. Enjoy reading everyone.

--------------

QUINN POV

I walk slowly and cautiously towards the small terrace that is an extension of the room I use. I need air. I need to move. Another day in bed will make me unable to use my legs anymore.

It's been a week since I regained consciousness. The doctor already checked me and he said that I am fine and all I need is complete bed rest.

I'm fine. Yes, I'm really okay. Well, I'm still a little weak, but I can walk. I think my staying in bed for a few days is the reason why until now, I'm still weak. I need to move. I need sunlight. I need air.

I carefully sat on the chair on the terrace. When the cold breeze touches my face and embraces my body, my eyes immediately close to feel it. It feels like the breeze welcomes me and congratulates me for finally getting outside.

The sunlight is not that strong. Its rays still feel good and do not hurt the skin. Or maybe because I was in the room for almost a week. It's already nine in the morning. At this time, the sunlight hurt the skin a bit. But, not now. Or it's just that this place is surrounded by trees and its windy so the sun's rays are not very noticeable. Whatever the reason is, it's good that I'm finally out of bed. I feel alive.

I look at the sky and smile. It's clear. Its blue color matches the green color of the trees that filled the ground. It's refreshing and calming. It calm my mind which was in chaos these past few days. The whole place is quiet. Only the chirping of birds in the air can be heard.

This place gives me a deja vu feeling. I feel like I've been here but I don't know when. I feel like I stayed here or someplace similar to this. But I don't know when it happened. Also, flashes of pictures of unfamiliar faces that seem like familiar to me keep appearing in my mind. I feel like I have reels in my head. Reels of someone's worries.

I know it's not mine. I don't know those faces at all. I do not know them. But it's just surprising because I feel like I know them. I sense a familiar feeling every time those images flashed in my head, and I don't know why. Why do I have those feelings? I don't know them.

I heaved a deep sigh. I don't really know what is happening to me. I feel so confused. The feelings I'm having right now, those images, I'm confused. I want to talk to someone who can explain what's going on. But who do I talk to?

I don't know. I really don't know. I feel that something in me is missing. I'm forgetting something, but whatever it is, I don't know. I'm literally in a mess.

"What are you doing here?" My trance stopped when I heard Magnus's voice behind me.

"Sun bathing." My answer is emotionless. I never bothered to turn around and look at him. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone. I have a lot of things to sort out. I prefer to be alone.

He is one of the person I hate at this moment. I know he knew something. He knew what was happening to me. But he chooses to keep his mouth shut. He always told me that when I got better, he would explain everything to me.

I mean, I'm totally fine. If something happens to me, I'm just here at home. What is dangerous there? He is also there. What secret does he know? How bad is that? Was it like a bomb that kills many people when it explodes?