Chapter 16

MAGNUS POV

I was in the garden and intently looking at Yul playing with Aya. Quinn has regained consciousness but as of this moment, he is sleeping so I left him for now.

I need time alone for myself. I need to think. Those files that dad sent to me, those words that dad said before he went back home, I don't know how I can absorb it myself. Coz, I can't take it, but I have to.

Quinn is the rare omega. A powerful one. More powerful than the rare alpha. But his power was sealed for his own safety. And me staying beside him, the seal is slowly getting weaker. Because I am his other half and because I am the only one who can break that seal.

I never thought that. I never thought nor imagine of that. Yeah, I'm an alpha. My father is a rare alpha. My ancestor is also a rare alpha, but I am not. I am not a rare kind. Although I am powerful because of my blood history but compared to the rare alphas, I am nothing to them.

And Quinn as a rare omega, to be honest, I really don't have an idea. I both didn't believe the story about him. Rare omega, for me, is just a legend. No solid evidence was being shown in the public of his existence. But my dad believes in it. And everything changed when Yul was born. And we did everything we could to hide that incident.

My dad freaked out. I can't forget how he was scared when he found out that Yul was a rare alpha and Quinn was a rare omega. He is not scared of the power that Yul and Quinn have. What he feared was the safety of the two. And with that, I did everything to make both of them safe.

Bodyguards were sent to watch over them. When Aya is at work, Quinn's every move is monitored. Sniper was spread all over the city when they came out for Yul's check-up or if he would buy their stock. Delivery guys are all my men. All his app was connected to one system so that my staff will act for those they need.

And I thought that's where everything about Quinn will end. I thought everything was okay. But I was wrong. And dad was right to scold me. Quinn is my other half but I never tried to know him better. I never tried to dig more about him. I don't want to justify my shortcoming by saying, WHAT CAN I DO IF I DON'T BELIEVE IN THE EXISTENCE OF RARE OMEGA?

I love Quinn and I should do an effort to make him better. To dig into his past.

And those files almost shattered every  cells I have in my brain. I never expect it.

Quinn is really not an ordinary omega. His being rare and being of royal blood made every impossible possible.

When dad said that Quinn loved me, I didn't want to believe it. If he did, why did he leave? Why did he run? Why did he avoid me? But Yul is the living evidence of his feelings for me.

Quinn's pheromone is not like any other pheromone. Even if you sleep with him, even if that night I am in a rut and he is in heat, I can't get him pregnant if he doesn't love me. Meaning, his pheromones always react and do their thing based on his emotion. And yes, Yul is the fruit of his love for me. His body is willingly accepting my existence inside him. The reason why he got pregnant after that night.

I'm happy with that part. He loves me and that is more than enough for me. We have Yul. I can give up everything for them. I can leave everything for them without blinking my eyes.

I can, but I can't let Quinn forget me.

I am the key of his seal. His late father did it. I don't know why he did that, but all I know right now is that I am mad at him. I hope he didn't do that. Hopefully, he sealed Quinn and let the seal wear off on its own. Now, two of us are suffering.

Me being near him made him like this. And it will repeat every time I'm near him. My presence and the smell of my pheromones will forcefully weaken the seal but it will not break.

I can help him to ease everything. That is why dad is asking me to bind him. It's easy. Quinn loves me and I love him. Binding us with each other is as easy as breathing.

But the aftermath of that is the thing that I don't want to happen. Once the sealed undo, Quinn will forget me. He will forget everything in the present and his memory will be back on the past.

He will forget me and Yul. Everything about his present, he will forget.

And I don't want that to happen. NO!

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"

I smile at my son who is running around Aya with a toy in his hand.

Poor Yul when Quinn forgot about him. But his life is also at risk and only Quinn can control his pheromones. Quinn's rare omega pheromones will seal Yul's pheromones that were slowly killing him.

I was in the middle. I can't choose. I was torn between whom to save.

I can manage the pain if Quinn forgets me. I will try my best to handle the pain until he remembers me again. Of course, I will do everything to make him remember me. But, how about Yul? How will he handle the pain? He loves Quinn. And ever since, Quinn is beside him. He is his other father after all. He is with him from the start. Quinn is the one who raised him. So, how will he handle that his mom forgot him?

"Daddy?" I stopped thinking when Yul approached me. I smile at him.

"Yes, buddy?" I rumbled his hair.

"Hungry. Want fries please."

He looks at me using his puppy eyes. He knows I can't say no to him if he is like this. He already knows his way to me to get what he wants.

"Ask nana At to cook fries."

"Yes. Love you daddy." He climbed to my lap and give me two kisses on my cheeks. Then he jumps down and ran towards Aya. "Mommy Aya let's go."

I watch them as they left the garden. That smile, those eyes, that angel face, I can't picture in my mind seeing it with full of tears. And if I can, I don't think, I can bare it.

I leaned back in my seat and looked up at the sky. Why do problems keep coming? Why can't you just be happy? I thought uncle would be the only problem for us. I can't imagine it getting any worse.

I really don't know what to do. If I bind Quinn, he will forget about us. Yul will suffer the most. But if I let it as it is, Quinn will suffer and Yul will slowly die.

What should I do?

I heaved a deep sigh. My head is aching. Either of the choices I have, I will lose one of them.

Is there no other way? Can't I bind Quinn and have him still? Can't we just have a normal life?

I was about to heave a deep sigh again when the sun suddenly dimmed. I looked up at the sky and I saw a dark cloud eat the sun and the entire clear sky. A cold wind blew strongly, making some of the trees bend down and cut.

"Dadddddddyyyy!" I stood up quickly when I heard Yul's loud shout from inside. I was about to run inside from where Quinn appeared.

"Qui..."

I couldn't finish what I was going to say as I approached him when I noticed his gaze. It was blank. It was emotionless. His eyes have a dotted black. The lining of his eyeball is red.

"Mama." I looked at the door. Yul is there, looking at Quinn. Fear is visible on his face. He is crying and his pheromones are leaking.

What's going on? What happened to Quinn?

I approached Quinn. I was about to hold his arm when a strong force slashed my body throwing me away from Quinn.

"Daddy!"

I saw Yul running towards me.

"Stay there baby. I'm fine!" I screamed loudly.

"But...mama why did you hurt daddy?"

Quinn look at Yul. I waited for him to recognize our son. His precious Yul. I waited but nothing changed. His eyes are still blank, with no emotion at all.

"Mama?"

My eyes widened as Quinn took a quick step closer to Yul. Adrenaline took over me because of what I sensed in Quinn. He is walking toward Yul not because he recognizes him, but because he wants to kill him.

"Quinn stop." The moment I reach Yul, a man with pure white hair appears out of know where in front of us.

"Papa."