Chapter 9

"Are you serious Quinn?" Aya asked me in shock. She slowly taps Yul's back so he will not wake up. I think Yul is really mad at me to the point that he slept with Aya. He can't sleep if it's not me who put him to sleep, but he did this time. That's just gently flicked on his forehead. What if I put some force on it? My son might not pay attention to me for a week. Why did he get everything from Magnus?

"Yes. I'm not ready yet Aya. I'm afraid of what could happen. I'm more than scared of the worst case scenario in my head."

"Which is?"

"Magnus denies Yul. I might get killed if that happens."

"What the hell! Seriously Quinn? Your imagination gone that far?"

I nodded in response.

"But why in my mother's province? You don't know anyone there. Well, mom can ask someone to look for both of you if you stay there. But why there? It's too far away."

"The world is small Aya. Yul and I need to get away. The farther, the better."

"You're the one who said Quinn that the world is small. No matter where you you hide, the three of you are destined to meet each other."

"I know. But if I'm far away, Yul and I don't have that much of a chance that we'll meet Magnus soon. I can prepare for everything that happens."

"Can you prepare?"

I heaved a deep sigh and seriously looked at Aya.

"Maybe. I'm not sure."

"Okay. If that's your decision, I call mama about it. But you should think of Yul, Quinn. He's growing up. Don't you think he deserves to know who is his father?"

"I know Aya. It's just that... I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what could happen. I'm not ready yet."

Aya just shook her head at my answer. He handed Yul to me and then she went out to the small veranda to call his mom. I took Yul into our room so he could sleep well.

I know that Yul deserves to know who's his father. He deserves to know who he really is. I have no intention of denying him that for the rest of my life. I just want to be ready for anything that happens.

Magnus is a powerful man. He has money. He can do everything. But me? What do I have? Except for my right to Yul, I have nothing. Besides, Yul is my weakness. His tears and cries can weaken me to death. I can't bear to see my son get hurt when Magnus hates him.

So we will go away. I'll keep Yul away first. I need to buy time for myself. I need time to think and plan. I need to be more than prepared, so that if time comes that Magnus and Yul will meet, I already know what to do.

"Quinn."

It's Aya's voice followed by a soft knock stop me from my trance. Aya carefully open the door.

"Why?" I ask. Yul move, so I gently tap his butt.

"Did you order something?" Aya curiously asked.

"No? Why?"

"There's a lot of boxes of Yul's favorite snacks and some groceries outside. Everything under your name."

"But I didn't order anything. I bought everything earlier."

"Then, someone might send it to you.",

"Who is it? Is the delivery person still there?"

"No more. I just signed it and then he left. It's all paid also as per delivery man."