VINGT QUATRE

my phone lit up with the notification from jack.

'i'm outside beautiful'

i shut my phone off before walking into the bathroom, looking at myself one last time. just to make sure i didn't look like a complete clown.

what the fuck am i doing.

i swore i would never be involved with anything hockey related after what happened. to this day i still don't think i'll be completely over it, it's just one of those things you can never quite be over. or frankly ever.

i quickly grabbed the nude color trench coat and bag on my bed and walked into the living room where steph was sitting on the couch, on her phone.

"he's here steph, can't back out now." i say with a small laugh.

"wow. holy shit you look hot. sorry just had to say it, but be careful okay. don't do anything you'll regret tomorrow morning." she said getting up from her comfortable position and hugging me goodbye and kissing my head.

i opened the door before closing it behind me and walked down the hallway leading to the elevator. i put my coat on while waiting for the elevator to descend down to the first floor.

the elevator doors opened and i stepped out into the foyer, sometimes i forget i live in a rather nice building that has security and a doorman 24/7.

"have a good night miss." the doorman said from the front desk.

"will do, have a good night too." i responded.

i opened the large glass door by its handle and stepped outside where jack was parked right in front of the building. he was sitting inside his black mercedes-benz when he rolled the passenger window down.

"well are you going to get in?" he asked sarcastically.

i rolled my eyes before opening the door and seeing a bouquet of baby breath and pink tulips sitting on the passenger seat wrapped neatly with a pink bow. 

i couldn't be helped but be stunned by the bouquet of flowers because pink tulips and baby breath are my favorite flowers.

-

instagram

brookeadler's story