CINQUANTE SIX

"hey before i head out i want to say thank you for everything and give my condolences about carter. since his anniversary is soon and i don't know when i'll see you again." trevor said.

i felt mortified. i wanna die, i just wanna dig a hole and jump into it.

"ye-yeah. thanks." i said, stunned. i tried so hard for no one to know, but somehow trevor knew about carter.

"carter?" jack questioned.

"i think its time for me to head out." trevor said excusing himself, "i'll see you guys another day." he said walking out of my apartment leaving me and jack standing in the kitchen alone.

"who's carter?" jack asked.

"brooke. answer me. who the fuck is carter?" he asked once again, i could feel my eyes getting teary.

"brooke fucking answer me now."

i've never seen jack this mad, not even after a bad game.

"j-jack just let me explain."

"yeah brooke. please fucking explain who the fuck carter is!"

"my b-brother."

"brother? i thought you were the only damn child!" he said throwing up his hands in defeat.

"he's dead." i said plainly without remorse.

"and you didn't care to fucking tell me! 'hey by the way i had a brother.' instead of living a fucking a lie."

"b-but."

"i'm fucking done. i'll see you tomorrow brooke." he said, grabbing his keys, and phone.

"your just going to leave without fucking talking with me!" i said, standing there in tears.

"if so be it." he said walking out of the apartment, closing the door behind himself.

"fuck!" i yelled. i looked on the island and found an empty glass and threw it on the floor, shattering upon impact. 

i walked around the broken glass shards and slid down on the wall. sitting on the floor, in a ball crying my eyes out.

"hey hey, woah happened?" steph said walking out of the bathroom and finding me on the floor.

"he knows."

"he knows what?!"

"carter." i said, i was a huge crying mess at this point.

"come on get up, let's go splash some water on your face and we'll talk about it. careful with the glass, i don't want you hurting yourself." she said holding out her hand in front of me, helping me up.

we walked to the powder room and she turned on the faucet, running the water over a towel. then dabbing my face with it.

"aw don't cry, babe. you'll get wrinkles." she said, which made me laugh.

"come on, nothing a good glass of wine can't fix." she brushed my hair out of the way with her hands, putting it behind my ears and kissing my forehead.