SOIXANTE DEUX

i made jack take insta pictures for me before we left and glad to say that my boyfriend is now my personal photographer from now on.

"out of pure curiosity why is your parents spare car a range rover?" jack asked, while i was driving us to my parents house.

"simple reason. we have money."

"wow," he responded.

"that sounded really douchey didn't it?" i laugh.

"a bit."

"well, my parents worked hard for all they have. they're self-made, kinda. well my mom is."

"she's a first-gen italian who had a kid at 20 and still managed to become a successful interior designer. and my dad is an architect," i continued.

"i remember you told me what your parents did once in bed when we were having a conversation at night about family and stuff."

"i just remembered, i did. i find it cute that you still remember." i said, smiling.

"why would i not?" he asks.

"i don't know. you just strike me as a guy who'd forget things that aren't super important. and also because you asked me why i'm driving a range rover."

"yeah i see what you mean," he said.

•••

when we got to my house i parked in the drive way and checked myself in the mirror for a second and when i walked out of the car, jack was wearing his stupid all-black yankees hat.

"i'm not even going to ask how you brought it but hand it over now." i said, putting my hand out in front of him.

"hand what over?" he asked, confused.

"the hat." i whisper-shouted.

"what! no!"

"let me be who i am. i am who i am," he continued.

"well you can't be a yankees fan in a house full of die hard red soxs fans!"

"wait a minute. aren't you a yankees fan?" he asked.

"like a bit but i don't see why that's relevant."

"hah! well in that case, i will be wearing my hat. and if i have too, i will be rubbing it into your families face."

"if you get murdered, don't tell me i told you so." i said, giving up, locking the car and walking next to him, linking my arm with his.

"if i die tonight. just know, i will be haunting you forever." he said, looking at me.

"ha ha ha, so funny." i said with a serious face, letting go and opening the front door.

no one was in the living room or kitchen, so i assume everyone is in the backyard already.

"brooke! ah, i was thinking you weren't coming!" evie my uncle griffin's wife said, walking inside the house, instantly walking over to us and hugging me.