SOIXANTE CINQ

i was mid-nap after passing out from reading through the comments and responding to a couple of them on my latest instagram post. a post which included many memories i've kept to myself, finally ready to show the world.

a knock came from the door.

"yes?" i called out. the door swung open, two people standing in the doorway.

"you've got to be kidding me." i murmured propping my self up. i don't know whether i want to punch him or hug him right now.

"before you yell at me or throw a shoe at me, hear me out.." jack reasoned, waving up a bouquet of flowers, and a barnes and nobles bag.

"and he brought you dinner." steph chimed in, walking to her room, leaving jack standing in the door frame.

"are you going to stand there all night or come get infected by my germs and kiss me," i teased.

"a second ago i thought you didn't want me here." he continued.

i rolled my eyes and stood up, removing the covers off my body, and walked to the doorway. i wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, kissing him myself. he didn't stop instead kissing back, not caring whether this possibly could get him sick or not. his hair's still wet indicating he freshly showered and he smells absolutely divine.

i broke the kiss, and look down at the bag he's still holding. "ooooo books!" i exclaimed, grabbing the bag as if i was a kid who just got handed a bag full of candy. he laughs seeing how amused i am by the sight of new books.

all of the books inside are books i mentioned i wanted to read, but didn't have. i find it cute how attentive he is to me and got them for me to read.

the unhoneymooners

a little life

seven days in june

crazy rich asians

where the crawdad sings

v for vendetta

"i already read v for vendetta." i say to him, looking up at him, he seems disappointed. "you know what," i say walking to the book wall, that makes up the left wall of my room. i place the bag of books on my bed. he follows behind me also placing the flowers on my bed.

i pluck the book from my book shelf.

i've already read it and fully annotated it, it's quite literally one of my favorite books. "here," i say, handing it to him.

"what's this for?" he asks.

"you read it, it's fully annotated. i'll keep the one you got me. it's one of the best books i've ever read, i have a feeling you'll like it." i say.

he flips through the pages of the book, taking in all of the annotations an eighteen-year-old brooke made on it's pages.

"i seriously find new ways to fall in love with you even more." he says, kissing my forehead, wrapping his arms around me.

"now come, let's go eat before the food gets cold."

"mhm," i hummed, against his chest.

-

instagram

jackhughes's story