CINQUANTE CINQ

jack came back at around five and thankfully the whole time jack was gone trevor passed out on the couch. which couldn't have come at a better moment. steph threw a blanket on him at some point, and she also found a pink glittery birthday sash from my 21st birthday.

before jack hid the gifts, he gave me and steph a blanket card to sign. i wrote something and sealed it with the sticker provided, placing it in the red bag. 

jack hid the bags in my room and came to help me with dinner. instead of just making a cake, steph and i decided on making a whole dinner for trevor. it was the least we could do for him.

steph made her infamous pasta as well as a side salad. while i baked a cake, and started grilling some steak while the cake baked. she started setting the table with jack while i finished decorating the cake.

"babe you know what we should've made, broccoli." i said with a huge smile on my face making fun of his broccoli cooking abilities.

"ha ha ha so funny." he responded not amused whatsoever.

"someone has to go wake him up." i said.

"dibs!" steph said.

she walked over to the couch, and grabbed her phone, she made sure it was connected it to the speakers throughout the apartment and started blasting angelic music throughout the house.

"congratulations mr. zegras you have made it to heaven." she said.

"w-wha-what." he responded getting up almost instantly.

"god i hate you guys." he said, running a hand through his messy hair, and yawning.

"surprise!" steph said showing him the glittery sash.

"best thing i came up with under a short notice." she continued.

"hah it's sweet." he responded putting it on.

"wait i think i have a perfect hat for this." she said walking into her room.

after a couple seconds steph came back out of her room with a pink cowboy hat. "the icing on the cake." she said.

steph handed trevor the hat, and he put it on.

"i know, you guys don't have to tell me. i look absolutely sexy right now." he said taking a look in the mirror in front of the couch. 

•••

the dinner was so good, the steak was delicious. and so were the rest of the food but the real treat was my infamous red velvet cake. we moved to the couch after having dinner, enjoying the cake on the couch.

"brooke that cake was fucking phenomenal, i think i need another one for the road." trevor said, stuffing another spoonful of cake into his mouth, and setting the plate of cake on the coffee table.

"just maybe." i said.

"but i need to grab something, give me a sec." i continued, getting up and going to my room and grabbing the bags.

and of course the bouquet flowers.

"so i know this was all super last minute but we all still wanted to get you gifts since we wouldn't be able to see you until after your birthday." i said walking to the couch, handing steph the flowers, and taking a seat.

"you guys shouldn't have." trevor said.

i handed him the bags and he set the cartier one next to him while he went straight into the louis vuitton one.

"these are fucking sick." he said holding up a shoe. he unwrapped the other box and pulled out the belt, "get out the matching belt too? i'm definitely wearing that next game."

"thank you rowdy." he said.

"how do you know jack got you that?" i asked.

"a lucky guess, nah i'm kidding it says on the box. 'happy birthday you loser from rowdy.'" he said showing everyone the box the belt came in, the messy pen writing.

"that's pure gold." steph said.

he set the boxes on the floor and set the bag in his lap, grabbing the card in the cartier bag. "'don't get too shitfaced - brooke and steph.' i probably will." trevor said starting to laugh.

he ripped the wrapping paper and opened the box, "holy shit."

"are those diamonds!?" he said holding the bracelet.

"happy birthday!!" i said.

"you guys are fucking kidding, is this a joke?"

"nope." steph said.

"holy shit." trevor said again, he grabbed the screwdriver and unscrewed the screws, being careful to not lose them. steph helped him put it on and he started showing it off.

"i swear i'm never taking this off."

"you better not." i said, he moved over to me and gave me a side hug, and gave steph one too.

"oh and don't forget these." steph said handing him the flowers.

"definitely the first time i've been given flowers, i'll make sure they last until i get home, thank you steph." trevor said, setting them on the table.

"that'll be a miracle," i chimed in.

-

instagram

trevorzegras's story