SOIXANTE

i landed in boston a couple hours ago and my mom picked me up from the airport and took me home. once i got home i instantly took a shower and napped until 3. the whole reason i'm even in boston is for my aunt angelina's birthday.

she lives on the cape but she's staying in boston for the rest of the week and weekend since most of our family is coming to boston to celebrate her thirtieth birthday.

steph was going to come with me too since my parents absolutely love her but she couldn't get out of class as easy as i, since she has a much harder major than me; astronomy.

her major requires her to study a lot more than mine since it's a much harder career path.

my parents originally decided on throwing a little dinner tomorrow. the day before my aunt's birthday party which is on friday but instead, we moved our dinner plans a day earlier. since as another 'i'm sorry' gift jack got my family a box to watch his game against the bruins tomorrow.

which when i broke the news to my parents they almost died. in a good way of course.

jack didn't fly with me since he had to fly with the team but he's supposed to land in less than forty minutes. but, the airport's only a fifteen minute drive from my parents house so i'm not too worried about getting there early.

"broooookeeeeeeeee!" a child yelled, running through the house.

"brookeee! where are you!" he yelled again.

"living room!" i responded.

i turned around to see one of my cousins, or should i say favorite cousin walking in to my parents living room.

elias, my child. he's not really my child, but i consider him my child since i've practically raised him to be me but in boy version.

"elias! oh my god, you've gotten so big!" i said walking off the couch and kneeling in front of him, wrapping my arms around the toddler.

"geez, how old are you now, fifty?" i asked, teasing him.

"no silly! i'm four!" he responded, laughing.

"where's your mommy?"

"she's somewhere in the kitchen," he said.

"come on let's go find her, i haven't seen her in forever." i said.

we walked into the kitchen and there she was, my favorite aunt. well my only aunt.

"angie!" i exclaimed.

my family is dominated by boy genes. i'm the only granddaughter on both sides and my aunt is the only daughter on my dad's side of the family. and same with my mom, she's the only daughter on her side of the family.

"brooke! oh my god!" she said, walking up to me and giving me a big hug.

"i missed you so so much! you seriously need to stop spending so much time in new york and need to come home more often."

"speaking of new york, how's the new boy-toy." she continued, grabbing the glass of red wine my mom poured out for her from the counter.