Chapter 2

^

                                                                             ||

xD I always imagined (y/n) nightguards like this whenever I read, LOL! 

-----------------------------

The afternoon came, but you didn't have the best of sleep. You dreamt about it again, the whisper, but not just the whisper from before which called your name, but it was becoming more and more clear.

'Help me... (y/n) ...' the whisper said in your dreams. The voice just repeated the same thing over and over again, no matter how hard you look around, you couldn't find the source. Aside from the subtle vision of what seems to be the utility tunnels. But you don't normally go down there, mostly, that place is for Vanessa to patrol.

You only had a few hours' worth of sleep. You were personally a night owl, willing to stay up whenever you feel like it but you usually recover your sleep soon after. Whereas right now, you couldn't. something is bothering you so much that sleeping was not as peaceful as it should be.

You sat there by a café near the Pizzaplex, waiting for Rose. It has been quite a mandatory thing for you to meet with your friend, since she works here in this café and speaking with her usually calms you down.

You gazed onto the streets, people come and go, vehicles of all kinds and variations zoomed past you, speeding like a blur. A block away from the café which you're in was the Mega Pizzaplex. The lights of the building were bright and colorful, people along with their families come and go.

The smoothies in Bonnie Bowl are the only thing you enjoy during night shifts. The fact that the bots are still functioning even out of business hours just makes beverage really convenient to you.

"You seem in daze." A voice pulled you out of your thoughts as another girl sat on the chair in front of you, a bright yet tired smile in her expression.

You released a sigh. "Just thinking..." you said, trailing off which made Rose raise a brow at that.

"Penny for your thoughts?" she urged, resting her chin on her folded hands on the table.

"Just been hearing things lately... I'm not sure if its just my mind messing with me, or if something really is going on." You mumbled, low but audible enough for Rose to hear.

Rose gave you a concerned look. "I think the caffeine is getting to you." She commented, her expression not changing.

You shook your head. "No, it's not coffee, nor is it anything similar. I just hear them, but I can't find them." You clarified, reminiscing the hoarse voice that rang your ears at certain times.

It was a pity that Freddy prevented you from delving further into your journey down at Roxy Raceway. Nonetheless, you'll check it out soon enough. Whatever's under there will eventually answer your unanswered queries. That is, if Freddy stays in his place and not appear anywhere you don't want him to appear.

You're not going to lie; Freddy seems to be an uptight kind of animatronic. It could be due to his programming and personality traits encoded but the fact that they respond so lively like humans is kind of bothersome. Sure, you can talk some sense into him but what if he follows you around again? What if he pops out of nowhere and demands another explanation? You can't just tell him 'Oh, hi Freddy! I'm just looking for a mysterious voice that distracts me every now and then!' or something like that. Even if he is sentient, he will think you're a crazy person losing her mind and might even file a behavioral report to the main office.