Chapter 27

The next night, you didn't bother coming to work early. Even if it means the possibility of getting scolded in the morning, you didn't give a damn. You don't want Freddy to catch you, after all. He'll just assume that you're on leave tonight, yeah, he won't find you if so, since you usually come to work an hour early as that time being the latest you could come. But for now, safety comes first.

You walked along the cement path which led you to the grand entrance of the Pizzaplex, the lights were on though not all are, some are dimmed for the night, and almost no vehicles were parked in the front parking area. The doors, though still open without the metallic barriers, showed the value interior of the Main Lobby from the glass sliding doors, and the time showed by your wristwatch proved that it was five minutes before midnight comes. Just as you planned, to come exactly five minutes before the official shift begins.

Hopefully, Freddy is not around to cause trouble, even if he is aware that you'll be at work due to his system access to the clock-in and clock-out of employees, it won't be easy for him to spot you. Eventually, you left your Fazwatch and other trackable devices in the office the night before, and your phone is in airplane mode.

Although it was fairly peaceful when you entered the facility, it would be stupid if you assume that no one will be bothering you tonight. Of course, this is their turf, they will know when you're around just by freaking clocking-in!

But then again, you can't refrain from entering the establishment once more due to obvious reasons, such as the fact that you need your salary, and the fact that you are really close to solving all of this. You just need one more item, Bonnie's head. The future victims of whoever is taking the kids from their families shall no longer prevail, as long as you succeed. It was one of those well-known heroine stuffs that the world will never know, the heroes in the shadows, they say.

Pushing aside the nonsensical thoughts, you headed straight to the security office to equip yourself with everything you'll need. But somehow, the same dread from the night before was plaguing your thoughts. What's going on? Will you be caught again tonight? Is there something you should be aware of? You really don't know why but these gut-feelings are not one to be ignored.