Chapter 32

"I'm coming for you, William."

You trekked down the hallways, not minding the fact that being caught is inevitable at any time. You knew where they were, which leads to the uncareful demeanor you showed. They wont be able to get you, because they are already in the very same place which you anticipated. You'll go after them instead of them going after you.

The silent journey to Roxy's raceway was eerily quiet, the whirring of wheels from staff bots is barely audible amidst the eerie atmosphere. The lights are dim, and only a handful of security robots are roaming the vicinity. It was somewhat a rare occurrence, as this is one of the most common areas most roamed by the automated entities, but in this certain scenario, there are only a few.

Still, with headstrong resolves, you walked forward, down the steps that leads to the main area, rounding the main track, and soon arriving at the destination you most dreaded. The area being scarcely lit, the door still hanging open with a gap that could fit a toddler or two at a time. The darkness between the gaps reminded you of what you faced before. Yes, this exact same spot is where you and Freddy first communicated that night, that very night where you first spoke to him outside of work matters.

The first time he showed courtesy and aid to you.

Sucking in a deep breath, you slowly opened the door further to increase the gap, not too much, only to fit you. Your slender figure slipped inside with not less than the length of time being the trouble. The dark and eerie atmosphere of the dark hall meets you, the same rubble from before was within sight. Various debris, wood, cement, and ceramic materials littered the floor of what would be assumed to be a construction site. Dust lingered in the air, easily reflected by the dim lights that hung over the ceiling. Still, you moved further, hearing subtle voices by the near end of the hall, just nearby the elevator which you got trapped in, which was almost a few weeks to a month ago. Oh, how fast time moves when you're enjoying, and how slow it became when you are excruciatingly waiting for something to happen.

Hiding behind a cemented pillar which hid most of your physique, you could vaguely make out the color and outline of Freddy despite the darkness shallowing the area, with the lights unable to color the scenario. The other two were there, the dusty, gray-ing color of Chica's supposedly white coat, and the darkening purple of Roxy's lavender color. The absence of Monty made crucial sense, as the animatronic should be unable to report as to what happened to their encounter prior to this hour. Its not at all your problem, but the thought about Sunny made you even more anxious in the trembling sensation of sheer vengeance. But of course, you chose to initially stay quiet, for now.

You hope.

Still behind that same pillar, it was as if your mind went blank. Thoughts from previous events vanished in thin air, and only the image of Sunny remained in your mind. But somehow, you saw another smile, a smile not from the person whom you've thought you lost. It was his smile, a smile that wasn't physically within his capabilities, it was Freddy's.

The eagerness to see that calm yet genuine expression through his eyes made your heart ache, as if you were gravely missing something. Knowing that the smile which you longed for has vanished, and it was all because of you.

Yes, you made him this way. So, you just have to fix this mess yourself.

You began plotting out how you'll proceed with this risky plan of yours, knowing that a frail human like yourself is nothing if compared to the significant, deathly size of those three animatronics. Especially, with one of them being someone whom you didn't want to hurt the most.