Chapter 1

The Liars have been rid of A for the past 5 years. After college, the girls came face to face with their tormentor: the secret spawn of Ali's mother and Spencer's father. Looks like Jason's twin sister was not as mentally stable as her mother thought. After the sadistic sibling was forever put away, the Liars started to finally live a normal life. Aria and Ezra finally got their act together her sophomore year of college. They were married two years later, and the couple is expecting their first child. Ezra has a teaching job at Hollis, while Aria works at Rosewood High as a Literature teacher. Spencer and Toby have been going strong since senior year. Despite her qualms about him becoming a police officer, she learned to accept his career choice and supported him unconditionally. Spencer followed in her mother's footsteps and is working her way up to being Rosewood's most respected lawyer. Hanna and Caleb continued their rollercoaster of a romance until finally deciding to take a break. After a year apart, they finally decided they were better together. And after a passion filled reunion, the outcome was a very unsuspected pregnancy. Hanna and Caleb are now proud parents of two year old Zoe. Emily and Alison danced around each other for years. The second half of senior year, Emily and Ali finally started dating. Despite the obvious trust issues that put a strain on the relationship, the love shared between the two made it worthwhile. After four months of dating, the Liars were finally graduating. Well, all except Ali. The blonde had to stay behind a year and finish up some missing credits. That year was a tough year for the couple, the distance proving to be too much. Along with the unresolved trust issues, the couple decided to split. They remained friends, both not wanting to break the group apart. Despite having a few 'slips', as Aria calls it, throughout the years the two remained friendly. Until Emily's junior year of college, when a girl from her psych class developed feelings for her and asked her out. This caused a mix of emotions to stir up in the blonde beauty, who ultimately declared her love for Emily. The two reconciled and have been monogamous ever since. Emily now works as the Chemistry teacher/ Swim coach at Rosewood High. Ali works with Hanna at a boutique they co-own. The story picks up in Hanna's backyard, where the gang is celebrating Zoe's second birthday.

Emily Fields scanned the area of her best friend's backyard. It was filled with an immense amount of balloons and character decorations. She smiled to herself at just how spoiled her little niece was. At the ripe age of two she had her parents along with her extended aunts and uncles wrapped around her little finger. She watched as Hanna beamed down in pride as her daughter clung to her aunt Spencer, babbling how great her ballet class was. Aria watched in amusement as her hands subconsciously drifted to her barely visible baby bump. She was eight weeks along, and her and Ezra couldn't be happier. Emily's eyes drifted to the last member of the group, the love of her life. Ali's blonde hair cascaded down her hair in loose curls. She watched as the blonde's hair dipped back in laughter at something the toddler said. Emily smiled to herself. She would give anything to have a family, a family with Ali. The brunette didn't understand why the blonde refused to become a mother. She was great with kids, she had a nurturing side of her that could only be classified as a mothering instinct. And Emily was sure that any child with the blonde's genetics would be the most adorable thing on the planet. But the blonde had relentlessly refused. She claimed that she wasn't fit to be a mother, that she could never make a child endure what she had to experience. Emily tried to convince her that she was different, that she was not her mother. But all of Emily's pleas were brushed off. Ali was convinced that motherhood was not for her. But Emily saw the sparkle in her eye whenever she was around Zoe, or when a child came into the boutique. She loved children. Emily just had to convince her that she loved them. Emily made her way over to her group of friends. As she approached the group, the tiny blonde automatically reached for her favorite aunt, Emily swooped her out of Spencer's arms and immediately snuggled her little Hanna.

"Yeah. Okay, Zoe. Nice talking to you." Spencer muttered slightly jealous of the lack of affection from the two year old.

"She just loves Em, because she spoils the girl rotten." Hanna said with a smirk as Emily glared at her from behind Zoe.