Chapter 6

Emily sat in the holding cell at the Rosewood County Jail. Tonight was just terrible. She had gotten drunk to avoid issues, but instead she had landed herself in an even bigger mess. She hadn't let her anger get the best of her in years, but tonight something inside of her snapped. Even though her and Alison weren't together, she was still her girl in some sense. And she wasn't going to just let the scoundrel disrespect her like that. Her thoughts were interrupted when an officer approached her cell and unlocked it.

"Fields, you're free to go." Emily quickly rose from her seat and followed the officer out of the holding area. In the lobby of the police station she was met with the lot of misfits that she called her friends. Aria was sitting next to Ezra, head on his shoulder eyes drooping sleepily. Hanna was curled up on Caleb's lap, head placed in the crook of his neck. Spencer was currently having a heated conversation with the officer at the front desk, Toby was no where to be found. Alison was currently pacing across the length of the lobby, much to the rest of the groups disdain. Emily walked into the lobby, looking utterly exhausted. Her hair was disheveled, make-up smeared and her right hand throbbed painfully. Alison was the first to lay eyes on her, immediately rushing to the brunettes side.

"Are you hurt?" Alison asked worriedly. She ran her hands up and down the girls body instinctually checking for any signs of injury. "I think your knuckles are broken." She murmured softly as she ran her thumb over the injured area. Emily hissed when Alison's finger came in contact with her knuckles. "You got him pretty good." Alison whispered in admiration.

"I tried." Emily answered "He was an ass." Alison continued to hold Emily's hand lightly. Thankful that she had the chance to be close to Emily, she savored the moment. The ex lovers stayed in their trance for a little while longer, until Spencer interrupted clearing her throat.

"I convinced Woodson not to press charges," Spencer stated. "So you're good to go."

"I have a feeling that you have a 'but' in your near vocabulary." Emily sighed. This whole situation was stressing her out.

"But." Spencer began "The DA, who witnessed the whole thing, suggested that you needed to receive some type of repercussion." Emily groaned. This was not going to be good.

"Its honestly not that bad." Spencer reasoned. "Just seven weeks of group therapy."

"Seven!?" Emily protested. "I thought you were supposed to be a good lawyer?"

"Don't push it, Fields." Spencer warned. "I got you out of an aggravated assault charge. You should buy me dinner."

"Yeah, right after you foot the bill for my doctors visit. I think it's broken." Emily retorted as she examined her hurt appendage. Spencer looked genuinely guilty, eyes softening as she took Emily's hand into her own.

"Its definitely broken." Spencer sighed. "C'mon, I'll drive you."

"Nope. You're going to go find your husband. He deserves an explanation." Emily stated firmly. Toby had been the only one left in the dark in this situation. After Emily had decked Woodson, there had been so much commotion that poor Toby was left desperately needing answers. The only reason why he wasn't at the station was because he was currently grilling his partner for answers.

"You're right, he's probably so mad." Spencer agreed. She was so not getting any sleep tonight. And not in the good way. Spencer bid goodbye to the group and left shortly after.

"Are you, okay Em?" A sleepy Aria asked from her position next to Ezra.

"I'm totally fine, Ar. You should go get some rest. You look exhausted." Aria removed herself from Ezra and made her way towards Emily and pulled her friend into a tight hug.