Chapter 10

The chanting of Vedic hymns surrounded the atmosphere as Padma and Arjuna moved toward their destination. The sounds of the ascetics chanting the Vedic hymn to Lord Agni could be heard by both Padma and Arjuna.

अग्निमीळे पुरोहितं यज्ञस्य देवं रत्वीजम |
होतारं रत्नधातमम ||

(I glorify Agni, the high priest of the sacrifice, the divine, the ministrant, who presents the oblation (to the gods) and is the possessor of great wealth.)

Taking the blessing of the ascetics who were moving on the same path as them, they both headed towards the Shiva temple.

The clouds turned dusty and the foggy mist wrapped the surroundings like a cool blanket. The girls who were following both Padma and Arjuna in a hope to find a glimpse of Arjuna lost their path due to this. Feeling dejected, they returned.

The Shiva mandir was ancient. It has the old carving of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati on the wall where they both were immersed in dancing showing the world the divinity of the rhythm. A small smile graced their lips while their hands were in specific mudras. They were looking the same as the people thought Purush and Prakriti would look like.

Along with this beautiful carving, the main attraction of the temple was the beautiful Shivaling placed on the pedestal

Along with this beautiful carving, the main attraction of the temple was the beautiful Shivaling placed on the pedestal. Like every Shiva temple, Nandi accompanied Lord Shiva in his bull form.

 Like every Shiva temple, Nandi accompanied Lord Shiva in his bull form

Padma bent down and touched her head at the entrance of the temple. She also made Arjuna bend down and touched his head to the entrance of the beautiful Shiva temple. 

Continuously chanting Om Namah Shivaya, she entered the temple holding Arjuna in her arms.

                         🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

In Kailash mountain, a couple was watching all of this with a tender smile on their face. They were none other than Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.