Chapter 19

Arjun's dark face shone brightly due to the reflection of the moonlight that surfaced into the Pitamah chamber. Bheeshm Pitamah couldn't help but adore the little guy who was sleeping besides him. He looked tired. His cheeks had marks of dried tears and his eyes felt puffy. Bheeshm Pitamah sighed. The sight in front of him wasn't pleasant. And he felt his heart breaking.

" You feel special " Pitamah whispered.

Saying this he smelled Arjun hair and brought him more closer  if that was possible and closed his eyes.

The next morning brought a weirdly pleasant suprise. Arjun who was always the first one to wake up was still sleeping while the rest of the world was awake. Soon he woke up due to the sunlight.

" I hope you had a good sleep " Arjun heard a voice.

He turned his head towards the owner of the voice. His eyes widened in suprise when he saw the greatest warrior of Aryavrat standing a few distance away. He was getting decked up with his ornaments by his trusted workers. Soon he saw them putting his crown on his head .

Arjun looked at his Pitamah in awe. The aura this great warrior had made Arjun still on his bed .

But his next thoughts disturbed him.

" How can you sleep for such a long time. You were supposed to wake up at Brahma-murat. "

He gazed at his Pitamah and dropped his face.

" He must be thinking that you don't have any etiquettes " He thought again.

" Are you okay Arjun? " He heard the voice of Parshuram shishya.

The voice brought him back from his self depleting thoughts.

" I am sorry for waking up late Pitamah. It won't happen again, I promise " Arjun whispered.

" It's okay Arjun. You shouldn't apologize. You slept late at night and you haven't got proper sleep for a very long time " Pitamah Bheeshm told him lovingly.

" Still Pitamah..... " Arjun again started apologizing, not wanting to make a bad impression with his Pitamah on their first proper meet.

" Arjun.... " The voice was stern yet warm.

" Why were you sleeping in the corridor yesterday ? " Pitamah Bheeshm asked. He knew the answer but he wanted his young warrior to open up to him.

" The room felt suffocating " Arjun whispered.

Not wanting to open up more he added

" I am not used to the palace lifestyle. I love sleeping under an open sky "

It was not a lie. He loved sleeping in the nature. But that was not the only reason he slept on the corridors yesterday. And both Pitamah Bheeshm and Arjun knew it.

Not wanting to trouble his young Prince more.

" You should go to take bath and do your prayers " Pitamah Bheeshm said again.

Nodding his head Arjun got up from the bed. He does pranam to his Pitamah again and started to leave the room.

" After finishing come back to me " He heard his Pitamah voice again.

" I will arrange you some clothes. " He added.

" You don't have to worry about these small matters Pitamah. I will manage " Arjun whispered.

" Arjun.... Do what I said " Pitamah Bheeshm said, making the young warrior Prince look at the older one with wide eyes.

Arjun bowed down again
" Okay Pitamah " . Saying this he left his chambers.