chapter 21

After the announcement of Dhristrastra, Mahamantri Vidur started to speak in a loud voice that was audible to everyone,

" Greetings everyone! As we all know that Kuruvansh has faced his greatest loss. Due to the sudden demise of Maharaj Pandu and Devi Madri. The last few days were really hard for the Kuruvansh. "

As soon as Maharaj Pandu were mentioned, some of the subjects started crying while other praising his valour.

Arjun looked at everyone, his hand closed in a fist while his eyes started to moisten a little. He felt body pains, twisting of the heart, slumping of the back as if his back is getting beaten up with a hammer.

" Hey Mahadev ! Shanti! " He whispered a small prayer.

The little prince prayed for the peacefulness of his ruptured heart. Oh! How he wish to close his eyes and not open them ever.

His ear turned deaf to the surroundings. Few words hitted his ear about his father valour but they refused to get registered in his brain. He was well known for his concentration. But he was diverted today. Arjun was diverted.

Meanwhile, King Dhristrastra had ordered Kulguru Kripacharya to take the formal education of both Kauravas and Pandavas. Mahamantri Vidur was instructed to talk to the Royal astrologers and find out the correct time for the education to start.

Arjun suddenly realised the dismissal of the court after Bheem hold his hands.

The memories of his father were making him falter every step he was taking.

Would this feeling of helplessness would ever go away?

Would there be any normalcy in his life?

He let his elder Bhrata guide him away to their chamber.

When they reached their chamber that was allocated to them for a time being. He found himself in the loving embrace of his mother.

All his four brother sat beside her , looking at them.

" I know it's difficult for you all. It's difficult for me too. We all were surrounded with your father and Mata Madri loving embrace. And suddenly we are devoid of it. As much as it's hurts me to say this, but this is the law of the nature. It was meant to be this way. You all have to make your father feel proud. You have to work for the betterment of the kingdom. You have to perform your Kshtriya duties. You have to make this world a better place to live in. This is your Kartavya " Kunti spoke with a determined voice while keeping her emotions in check. She knew her children were falling apart. She knew what they felt and that didn't made her feel better. Panduputras will never fall apart till she is alive.

I want you all to promise me that you will not fall for this weakness. You will not feel weak yourself and you will not let your brothers fall weak. I demand your unity as an undying promise today " She put her hand forward and soon felt five hand grasping her palm.

Arjun pushed the dreaded memories of his father death deep inside in his heart. It made him feel heavy and he wanted to throw up and again cry. But kept himself in check looking at the determined faces of his mother and brothers. If this is what his mother wanted. He will fulfill it for her.If unity in everything is what his mother demands as a promise.He will give it to her without any question.

Because he was a Panduputra

Because he was a Kuntinandan

And this Mahadev Bhakta will never be the reason of a broken promise and fallen unity.

He knew what he felt at his father's death will never get healed. But the world doesn't need to know that.

"Because you are Nara reincarnation. He serves the humanity without being served " Krishna muttered somewhere feeling Arjun thoughts.