Chapter 18

After the shradha ceremony was over. Arjun along with his brothers and mother entered the palace with their kaka Vidur leading the way.

It was almost evening time. The laalima of the sun entered the palace infusing a beautiful red hue to it. The doors were majestic. And at every door, two soldiers were standing.

The men and the women of the palace showered flowers on them

The men and the women of the palace showered flowers on them. Even though they were sad with their former Maharaj death. They tried their best to make their former Maharani along her kids.
welcomed.

Maharani Kunti ki Jai!

Panduputra Rajkumar Yudhisthir ki jai!

Panduputra  Rajkumar Bheem ki jai!

Panduputra  Rajkumar Arjun ki jai!

Panduputra  Rajkumar Nakul ki jai!

Panduputra  Rajkumar Sehdev ki jai!

Rajkumar. He was a prince now. He would have different duties now. Duties for the welfare of the people. Duty towards the King. Duty towards the state. Duty to keep the reputation of his father's kingdom alive. It was his Dharma.

"The protection of the people of your state is more important than any thing in the world." He remembered his father telling this to his eldest brother once.

It was weird for him, how life took a different road for him. Till a few days ago he was just a normal boy in Shatashringa who loved archery. He thought his life would go protecting the sages from the external threat.

But now he was a prince. Even though he is not a king and he would never be a Yuvraj. He knew the hopes that people would still have from him. And that hope is the biggest responsibility.

The thorns of his forest pathway were replaced with flowers. But he knew those flowers came with lots of responsibility.

"I hope I will be able to do it." He thought while looking at the people who had lots of love in their eyes.

Maintaining that love would be tough.

"This is sabha grah "Vidur told them .

Arjun looked inside it. The sabha grah was majestic. It was a place where justice is served. It was a place where benefit of the people is the main concern. It was a place where Gangaputra Bheeshm sit. It was a place that was guarded by the knowledge of Mahamantri Vidur. It was a place where the blind king Dhritrastra sees the truth. There would be no chance of injustice.

Or Would there?

His thoughts were broken by his kaka Vidur.

"This pathway leads to the chamber of Pitamah Bheeshm." Vidur said

Arjun looked at the pathway. The vibe was different there. He smiled looking at it. Would he ever go there?

" Forget it. There are so many princes. I am not the only one. It is almost impossible for Gangaputra to even glance at me. " He thought in his mind.

Crushing the tiny hope that was prevailing there. He looked away from it.

"This pathway leads to the chamber of Maharaj Dhritrastra. " Vidur again said.

Arjun looked at it. Unlike his Pitamah chamber this chamber looks unwelcoming.

They were soon introduce to other chambers, along with Natya shala ,  weaponry room which gained Arjun interest and the dining room which gained his Bhrata Bheem interest.

"Forgive me Devi Kunti. With all the last rites of Late Maharaj Pandu we all were extremely busy. You have to share a chamber with your sons today. Tomorrow you and the young princes will be given your own chambers " His Kaka Vidur said.

Own chamber?

" He have to stay alone? ". Arjun wondered.

A sigh escaped his lips. Things would never be the same.

They entered their chamber and Nakul and Sehdev took seats in the lap of their mother. While he and Bhrata Bheem took seats in the floor near their Mata feet. His eldest brother standing all the while.

It was just the six of them now

It was them against the world.

Soon the dinner time approached. They all did sandhya sadhna before. Arjun could not eat. Over persuasion he just had a bowl of Kheer.

The night time came with difficulty and aloofness. He saw his mother and brothers sleeping while he felt difficult to breathe . Everytime he closed his eyes he saw his father burning, he saw his second mother burning. The air around him felt like smoke.

He rushed out the chamber to find a fresh breath of air. He sat down in the corner, closed his eyes and let the tears flow. The moon shone on his face making the tears look like pearls. His hairs were flowing getting caressed by the wind.

He closed his eyes when he saw a flute calling him. It was a sweet melody that was infusing sleep in him. He saw a beautiful grassland alongside a river. He saw a lot of cows grazing there. He then saw a boy sitting there playing a flute. His face wasn't clear. But it was a sight that called Arjun. But he couldn't move. He just laid down on the grass listening to it.

He soon felt asleep.

Gangaputra Bheeshm was strolling on the corridors stopped when he saw Arjun asleep in the corridor. He went towards him. He looked like he was crying. His dark skin was illuminated by the moon making him look divine.

Gangaputra caressed his hairs and then kissed his forehead. He picked the little guy in his mighty arms and brought him closer. It was a majestic sight. The celestials in heaven looked at it with curiousity. The biggest warrior of the Aryavrat was holding the future biggest warrior of Aryavrat.

Gangaputra took Arjun in his chambers. And placed him on the bed while laying down besides him. He brought his little warrior close to him. While Arjun snuggled to him feeling his warmth.

"Pita." He whispered.

It was a word which made Pitamah Bheeshm shocked but he smiled looking at his asleep little warrior

"Not your pita. I am your Pitamah". He said.

" Pita "Arjun again said.