1.7 • Her Decision

Aarini exited the ensuite in a white furry bathrobe. It was too big for her, as it belonged to Aadi. However, it smelled so good, that she could spend her whole life in just that robe. But her eyes registered a summer dress lying on the bed. It seemed familiar. Like very familiar.

Oh, it was the same summer dress she once wore on a get-together planned by Aadi. Because Svetlana was also present there. She wanted Aadi's sole attention on her. However, the plan backfired because Aadi's womanizer business partner was gawking at her body. And Aadi was boiling with anger that whole day.

Well, his anger was obvious. The white summer dress showed a good portion of her bosom and ended up to her mid-thigh.

“But how did he get this dress?”

Her eyes fell on a panty placed beside the dress. Heat rushed to her cheeks as the memory of their one more sexual encounter came to her mind.

“Remove your panty right now!”

“What!? Are you drunk? Well, technically yes, you are drunk. But I am not going to do it.”

“Rini, if you don't want to lose your virginity right now, remove your panty and give it to me.”

“Why?”

“Because you have made me horny!”

And yeah, she gave him her panty.

Rini was as red as the blood running in her veins, she was getting... Ughh!

She wore that panty and summer dress and headed out of the room.

Aadi was sipping his black coffee and reading a business magazine when Rini came and sat beside him on the couch.

He turned to look at her.

“Why do you look disturbed?” He asked seeing a puzzled expression.

“How you got this dress?”

“I stole it from your wardrobe.” He replied without any hesitation.

“Why?”

“Because I didn't want any other man to see you in this dress.”

“You are such a... theif!.”

“Thanks for the compliment. By the way, are you comfortable in the panty you must be wearing?” His hand moved to her thighs, but she slapped it away.

He chuckled and took another sip of his coffee.

They fell into silence. A comfortable silence. Thinking about the same topic. Their marriage.

“Rini... umm... let's-” He was hesitating. Because he was afraid that it will make her angry.

“Let's get married.” She smiled and continued, “However, after a year or so. I want to find some job and I think I need psychiatric help.”

“As you wish, having toxic parents must be mentally and emotionally exhausting.” 

“It is.” She nodded.

Aadi moved closer to her and kissed her forehead.

“Can you please move in with me?” He genuinely requested.

“Umm... I have no problem. How about we go to Ameer's place now and take my stuff from there?”

“As you wish.” He agreed even when he wanted to spend some more time with her. But he continued, “But you'll wear my jacket over this dress.” It didn't sound like a request. But Rini agreed because men also have their share of insecurities.

•••

“Rini, yaar, I got worried for you. At least you should have informed me on a call.”

Aadi rolled his eyes at Ameer's words. She was with her fiance, why she will call him.

“I am sorry, yaar, I was not in that state. But Aadi took good care of me.”

What's with this Yaar? It's impolite to call someone Yaar. Well, at least, for him.

“I have seen you before,” Aadi said seeing Anika.

Anika got conscious, and her grin disappeared. How could this man remember her among the hundreds of other employees? Well, he must have a sharp memory.

“Aadi, Anika was recently appointed as the new receptionist in your office,” Rini informed him.

“Oh, I see.”

“So both of you reached some conclusion?” Ameer asked carefully.

“Yeah, for now, I want to work and start seeing a psychiatrist. And after a year or so, when I'll be mentally healthy to some extent, we'll marry.” Rini explained.

“But, Rini, this can be done after marriage as well. Why this delay?” Anika asked because she was confused.

“Anika, I don't want to start my marital life with depression and baggage of exhaustion. I want to get out of this toxicity before marriage or pregnancy. I have hurt Aadi a lot because of it,” Aadi held her palm gently, she continued, “And I don't want to do the same with my kids in the future. I don't want to be a toxic parent.”

“It's okay, Rini,” Aadi whispered.

“It's not okay, Aadi.”

“Guys, I think you both need some alone time. So get out of my apartment before Anika starts crying.” Ameer joked.

“Well, I am already crying,” Anika said wiping a lone tear escaping her eye.

Aadi and Rini left from there, smiling, hand in hand.

•••

Recover before having kids or your kids will have to recover from having you as a parent.

•••

T H E   E N D

•••

A/N

I hope it wasn't disappointing.
💝💝💝