2.5 • Don't be

It was a terrible idea. He should have known this. Taking Alankrita to his friend's party where his ex-girlfriend was also present was not at all a good idea

“Aloo!” He banged the door uncountable times, but no response came from the other side of the door.

However, he could hear her soft cries.

“Aloo, I am sorry. Please open the door.”

And surprisingly she did open the door.

He looked at her teary face with a worried look.

“Don't be.” She said. However, he couldn't understand the meaning of her words.

“Don't be sorry. It's not your fault.” Saying so she headed back inside and he stayed rooted to his place.

Alankrita pulled out her night clothes and entered the ensuite bathroom. And only then Abhimaan enter the bedroom.

He slumped down on the bed. Confused. She cried for two long hours only to say it was not his fault.

He was still in his confused state when she came out dressed in her Hi Kitty pyjamas.

Seeing him lying on the bed, she too joined him. Her head rested against his heart as she mumbled,

“I am sorry, Abhi. It was immature of me to cry over this issue. I just got emotional.”

“Aloo, it's alright. You are still in the age of immaturity, I understand.” He patted her head while saying so.

“So you are not angry with me?” She looked at his face.

“If I were angry, I wouldn't have pleaded you to open the door for straight two hours.”

“Point. Abhi... I love you.” She smiled.

He was kind of surprised to hear that all of a sudden, but he smiled lovingly and replied, “I love you too.” And kissed her.

They were enjoying their kissing session when suddenly something hit Abhimaan's mind.

“Aloo!” He abruptly stopped kissing her.

“What?” She whined.

“You have college tomorrow! Oh God, how can I forget this? It's midnight already!” He began fussing over this tiny issue.

“Abhi, Abhi, Abhi, I repeat, I am not your daughter. I will wake up early. You don't worry.” She cupped his face while saying so.

He was about to start his melodrama again when she shushed him.

“Quiet! You are not going to utter a single word. Change your clothes and sleep. You also have to go to the office tomorrow. Now go and change.”

He, without any reactions, ambled to the closet, pulled out his night clothes and entered the ensuite.

Alankrita was already asleep when he joined her on the bed. He wrapped his arms around her body and kissed her before falling asleep.

•••

“Aloo, no need to feel nervous. Ragging is not allowed in the campus. Okay?” Abhimaan assured her.

They were sitting in his car which was parked outside the university campus.

“Abhi, I have been to college before. You don't need to worry.” She told him, already tired of his over-protective attitude.

  “Aloo, I have every right to get worried.” And he was already tired of her ignorance.

“Abhi, I repeat once again, I am your wife, not your daughter.” She whined.

“And I too repeat, having you as my wife is no less than having a daughter.” He smiled at her.

“I hate you!” She huffed in annoyance.

“And I love you.” He pulled her cheeks making her unwillingly smile at his gesture.

“Okay, bye.” She kissed his cheek before getting out of the car. They waved at each other before she entered the main gate of the campus and he drove to his office.

•••

F i v e  Y e a r s  L a t e r

•••

It was Yuvraj's wedding. He was marrying his longtime girlfriend Asmee. And Alankrita, like a butterfly, was flying in the sky.

“Aloo, sit down. My babies need some rest,” said Abhimaan to his super-energetic wife.

His words only confused her.

“But, Abhi, there is only one baby in my womb.”

“Aww, you are also my baby. Aren't you?”

Alankrita frowned at him.

“I am your wife, Abhi. When will you stop calling me your baby?”

“Not anytime soon, it seems.”

“I hate you!”

“Well, I hate you too. Now you are coming with me to our bedroom,” saying so he picked her up in his arms and took her to their bedroom.

The giggles of passing guests made her cheeks red with embarrassment.

“You are so evil.” She mumbled.

“Aww, my baby is so adorable.” It made her cringe whenever he called her ‘baby’.

As they entered their bedroom, Abhimaan placed her gently on the bed.

“Why are we here?” She asked.

He just smiled and began kissing her. His one hand began roaming around her bare baby bump and the other untied the knot of her blouse.

“I love you.” He ended their little lovemaking by placing a kiss on her forehead.

She just smiled and began adjusting her lehenga.

“Help me with the knot. And you ruined my makeup! I'll be late for the Sangeet."

And she went on and on complaining while redoing her makeup.

And he just kept looking at her with a smile gracing his face.

•••

A shorty-short ending.
❤️❤️❤️