6.1 • Her Robotic Husband

Intro will be shared later as I am publishing the chapter right after completing it.

Happy Reading!

•••

Things after marriage weren't going as Eka had expected. She knew since the beginning that her husband grew up without a mother. His life till then had been void of female influence. But she didn't expect to realise that a mother's absence had made him almost robotic.

It's been a month since their marriage. And every day has began to appear almost the same, as if the Goenka villa followed a very strict schedule that couldn't be altered even for a minute.

That morning, as usual, was very boring for Eka. She wore a maroon saree with a backless blouse, in a hope to get her husband's attention. However, she got none. Just like every boring morning in the Goenka villa, he was busy devouring his salad.

Yeeks, how could someone eat that tasteless food every day. As a kid, Eka had learnt that humans are omnivorous. However, in her husband's case, she'll conclude that he is herbivorous and could survive on plants like deers do. What if her husband is actually a deer hiding in a human's skin?

But no, she could understand why her husband is the way he is. And the reason was sitting on the head chair of the dining table. Her father-in-law. Who was as robotic as his son.

So it won't be wrong if Eka declares that the entire Goenka clan acquires robotic genes. And that also means her future kids will also be robots with a human body.

She took a sip of her tomato soup while running all these scenarios in her head.

“Oh God, why I agreed to marry in the family of robots?” She cried inwardly.

Eka quickly finished her breakfast to escape the silence tormenting her sanity. Houses are not supposed to be silent all the time. There needs to be some noise. Noise of breaking glass. Noise of crazy news debates. Noise of idiotic tv serials. Noise of arguments between family members. But Goenka villa was an exception, maybe.

She stood up to leave the dining table when the long pallu of her saree thought of troubling her. Her saree laden arm did a swift movement to pull her hair strand behind her ear. However, in the process, her heavy pallu bumped into the fragile glass of pomegranate juice which led to streams of red liquid flowing down her husband's neatly ironed pants.

“Oh, my god! I'm so sorry, Ayush.” Eka apologized in a shrill, shocked tone.

Her husband, Ayushman Goenka, passed her one sweet, deadly glare before marching to their bedroom upstairs.

✿ ✿ ✿

Eka, after a long moment of contemplation, entered their bedroom to witness her husband's gorgeous, naked legs. He had removed the stained pants and was now moving around the length of the room with un-ironed pants in his hand.

“Let me iron it for you.” She moved forward and took the pants from his hand.

Ayushman kept looking at her in confusion. His confusion didn't surprise her at all. Since past month she was getting such confused expressions from him. Her simple acts of trying to help him were confusing him. Maybe that's what mother's absence do. You don't rely on someone else.

Eka went to the iron table placed at the corner of their enormous bedroom. She put the plug of iron into the sockets and switched it on. And began waiting for the iron to heat up.

While Ayush sat on the bed. His eyes moving to her exposed back from time to time. Even this physical attraction was confusing him.

When Eka was done ironing his pants, she gave it to him. Ayush grabbed the pants and wore them immediately.