2.2 • Hickies & Vampires

Alankrita woke up to a tickling sensation irritating her. Something ticklish was pressed against her neck. As her eyelids opened, she found her husband sleeping with his head in the crook of her neck. And that ticklish thing was his beard.

That was unexpected, to say the least.

He was cuddling with her.

“Abhimaan...” She tried to wake him up in her meek voice. As if she was a cat and was scared to disturb the lion's sleep.

“Abhimaan...” She nudged his shoulder.

“Hmm...?” He whined, like a baby whine.

“You are tickling me.” She mumbled.

“What?” He moved away from her and took a look at her face. His sleep had already flown out of the window.

“Your beard was tickling my neck.” She clarified.

“Oh.” That was his response. What else he could say?

Dear wife, sorry for tickling you with my beard.

Alankrita moved away from him and got up from the bed. Then she took her clothes and entered the ensuite bathroom. A blush adorning her cheeks all the while.

Abhimaan smiled, for no specific reason. Waking up to a whining wife feels great. It feels like heaven.

“Aaaaahhh!!!” He heard her shriek.

In a matter of seconds, he sprinted to the bathroom. The door was open, he entered and saw a freaked-out Alankrita standing in front of the mirror.

“What happened?” He asked, his tone filled with concern and astonishment.

Alankrita turned around to face him. Her eyes were wide as saucers. She pointed at a small red mark on her neck.

It was a hickey.

Which most probably happened when he was sucking her neck the previous night.

And the way Alankrita was confused, he understood she knows nothing about hickies and doesn't even remember what happened last night.

“Umm... it's called hickey. Or a love bite.” He palmed his face while explaining so.

“Is it some kind of disease?” Her question bewildered him.

Girl, are you seriously this much naive that you even don't know about love bites?

“No, actually it's a minor injury that happens when someone sucks your skin.”

“But no one sucked my skin.” Alright, she doesn't remember anything for sure.

“I did. Last night.”

“But you aren't a Vampire who'll suck my blood.” When it comes to sucking, her mind always pauses at Vampires. Side effects of watching Vampire Diaries.

“But I am a husband who was making love to his wife.” He folded his arms over his chest.

“Your wife?”

“Now don't tell me to say Hi to her, because you are my wife.”

Well, honestly, she was going to say the same thing. It doesn't feel like she is his wife. He gives her a Headmaster vibe.

“What happened last night?” This was the most sensible question she asked till then.

Abhimaan smirked romantically. He stepped closer to her, making her step back. Her back hit the washbasin and he put his arms on either side of hers.