5.3 • Biryani

“Bhai, kya mai aapse kuch puch sakta hoon?” Rehaan asked his brother when they were strolling in the lawn.

“Haan, pucho.” Arham nodded with a smile.

“Are we blood brothers?” He asked with a hesitant voice.

Arham kept quiet for long moments. He wasn't sure if he should tell him the truth or just dismiss the question. With a long sigh he began, “We are stepbrothers, Rehaan. I was born from Ammi's first marriage.” 

Those two simple sentences poked into Rehaan's chest. It was hard to believe. But now things began to make sense. He could make out the reason that why Dadi was so partial and always favoured him over Arham. It explained her rudeness towards Arham.

“So that's the reason for Dadi's rudeness with you.” He stated.

“Yes. She never considered me as a family member.” Arham nodded, reminiscing his bitter childhood moments with the old woman.

“Why I was never told about it?”

“Your father was a kind man. It was his decision, to not let the revelation spoil our bond.” He smiled sadly, remembering his late stepfather.

“Why do I feel like it has something to do with you not marrying Aabru?” Rehaan asked suspiciously.

Arham lowered his head to the ground. His brother was figuring out everything. Every secret kept from him.

“I left because Dadi told me to do so.” Arham revealed.

Rehaan sighed and looked at his brother. “So she is the one who made me the third wheel in your love story. Wow... I knew she is as clever as a fox, but ruining your and Aabru's life over nothing is... cruel. And it was foolish of you!”  Rehaan shouted at his brother at the last sentence. Okay, he understands that Arham is emotional, but leaving his marriage on the demand of their evil granny is just too much.

“Maybe.” Arham nodded.

“Now listen carefully. I am going to divorce Aabru and you are going to marry her.” Rehaan was declaring it, not asking for any approval.

“She is not a doll, Rehaan.” Arham objected.

“Both of us don't want to live together, Bhai. She still loves you. And I very well know that.” He reasoned.

“She is the one to decide.” And Arham left.

💕💞💕

Six   M o n t h s   L a t e r   

💕💞💕

Dadi Jaan died a natural death five months back. Arham had refrained Rehaan from confronting her. So she knew nothing about the revelation. However, when she naturally realised that her end is approaching, she slowly began to accept her wrongdoings. She was on her deathbed when she had asked for Arham's forgiveness. And two days later, her soul parted from her body.

The family members cried. Saima was devastated. She had lost her father and brother and now she lost her mother as well. But Aabru took care of her. The woman had loved her like her own child. This was the least she could do for her.

While Rehaan began with the proceedings of divorce. Samina and Saima tried to stop him. Telling him how wrong it is. They said there's no reason to divorce. And everytime his reply was, “Arham Bhai and Aabru love each other. And I want them to be together.”

And finally Rehaan succeeded in getting Arham and Aabru married.

💕💞💕

Arham had just entered the bedroom when Aabru began attacking him with pillows.

“Aabru, kya kar rahi ho?” He dodged his favourite fluffy white pillow while asking the question frantically.

“Kabse intzaar kar rahi thi aapki pitayi karne ka. Himmat kaise hui thi aapki mujhe chod kar jane ki?” She moved forward and clutched his collar tightly. Her eyes were teary and cheeks were red.

Arham smiled, his eyes began to moisten seeing her crying for him.

He didn't want to explain his actions to her. She was pouring out her anger of the last three years and he deserved to face it. So Arham just smiled and said,“I love you, Aabru.”

And she slapped him, while crying like a kid. Arham rubbed his cheek, his smile not leaving his face. Aabru hugged him after kissing the cheek she had slapped just a few moments ago.

“I love you, Arham. Don't leave me ever again.”

“I won't. I promise, I won't.”

💕💞💕

T w o   Y e a r s   L a t e r

💕💞💕

“Sir, please smile for the camera.” The cameraman asked.

“Aur kitna smile karu? Meri itni haseen jawline dard karne lag gayi hai.” Rehaan whined while posing for the camera.

“Oye, khudko itna bhaav dene ki zarurat nahi hai. Itna bhi handsome nahi hai tu.” Duniya waved off while smiling to the camera.

“Tu kya shaadi ke baad bhi meri beizzati karne se baaz nahi ayegi?” He asked her.

“Bilkul nahi. Shauhar hone se pehle tum mere dost ho aur dost toh hote hi beizzati karwane ke liye hai.”Duniya smiled.

“Duniya... to be honest, iss dulhan ke jode mein tum bilkul...” Duniya was expecting to hear something romantic but, “chudail lag rahi ho!” Rehaan grinned.

“Koi baat nahi, yeh chudail tumhe aaj raat batayegi.”

“Duniya, meri biwi hone se pehle tum meri dost ho, aur dost toh hote hi beizzati karne ke liye hai.” Rehaan rephrased his words.

Duniya ended up smiling.

“Tumhari smile dekh kar dil kar raha hai ke sabke saamne tumhe kiss kardu.” Rehaan whispered to her.

“Khabardar!” She hit his chest.

“Arrey, mazaak kar raha hoon, yaar. Lekin bedroom mein koi bahana nahi chalega.” He warned her seductively.

“Fuck off, man.” She showed him her middle finger while waving to a few relatives. She didn't give a fuck about his warnings.

💕💞💕

Somewhere in the banquet hall, Arham was busy feeding Biryani to a six month pregnant Aabru.

💕💞💕

Sideline the society and half of your problems will disappear.

•••

Biryani wali line was added simply to match the theme of the chapter titles. 😁

Thoughts? 💭