Chapter - 10

Third person's POV

PRITIKA : Good morning, brother.

Rahul spat the juice from his mouth on the food in front of him, hearing Pritika called Adesh as brother. Everyone also looking at Pritika, like she is some kind of Alien. Adesh cursed himself in his mind.
Seeing everyone looking at her with a strange look she was confused. She didn't understand why everyone was looking at her like that.

NARESH(Chachu) : what did you just call him? ( amusement was clear in his tone).

PRITIKA : Brother...why?

Pritika said apprehensively, she didn't understand what is wrong if she calls brother to Aadesh's twin brother?

RADHIKA(Chachi) : dear, we don't call our husband, brother. It sounds awkward don't you think so?

Pritika was even more confused hearing this. 'of course, it sounds awkward; why would someone call her husband, brother? If she is not an idiot' She thought in her mind.

PRITIKA : Yes...it will sound awkward.

RIDHIMA : Then why are you calling him, Brother? ( said controlling her smile)

Pritika was confused...

PRITIKA : Then what should I call him?

The more conversation go on more tensed Adesh became. He was thinking what he should do to stop this conversation but he couldn't able to find anything.

NIDHI : Are you an Idiot? You have just said it sounds awkward to call your own husband as brother and you are calling him brother!!. ( said irritated )

PRITIKA : but, he is not my husband! I can call him brother... right?

Hearing this everyone looked at her astonishingly.

NIDHI : what? Then with whom did you spend your last night?? Chii ( made a disdain face) what kind of woman are you? O god !! You are a disgrace to our family.

ADESH : Enough NIDHI!!!... Think before you speak. (Said angrily)

NIDHI : what? Did I say something wro-

ADITI : Shut up! ( said to Nidhi). Adesh, why did she think you are not her husband?

ADESH : wo... mom... actually...she(Pritika) has a misconception that I have a twin brother, and I found that interesting so I didn't correct her.

NARESH : o ho it would have been very interesting... uhh Adesh if you had told us earlier we could have co-operated with you.

RAHUL : yes... bhai you should have told us earlier.

PRITIKA : excuse me.

Pritika hurriedly left the dinning room excusing herself. Everyone thought she was embarrassed, which was true but she was also feeling humiliated hearing Nidhi's words.

Excusing himself Adesh also followed her. Adesh has seen tears on her eyes. He didn't want anything happen like this. He never thought his sister would talk with Pritika like this. He didn't want her to be sad.

Pritika's POV

I know Nidi doesn't like me, seeing her disdain expression towards me I already know it but why she said such words? Why? If she doesn't like me that doesn't mean she can insult me like that...and Adesh, he made fun of me... he made me a fool in front of everyone. Everyone was laughing at me. How idiot I am!! Who don't even know her husband! I am feeling so embarrassed. My first day at my in-laws house and I became a joke to everyone.

I am missing dadi (Bandana) ... She has gone back to village. I am really missing her.

Adesh's POV

I have seen tears on Pritika's face. I know she must be hurt by Nidhi's words. Also because of me, she might be feeling embarrassed in front of all of them. O god I hope she will forgive me.

I am now standing in front of my room But I am afraid to enter...yes...I, Adesh Chauhan is afraid... afraid to face Pritika's anger. I don't know how she react when she gets angry, actually I don't know anything about her. Wah! What a husband I am. I made my wife angry on the next day of our marriage.

Taking a deep breath and with some courage I opened the door but seeing the scene in front me, I was shocked. I didn't expect my small joke will effect her so much