Chapter - 23

Pritika’s POV
We were sitting in the living room… and Tanvi's family was looking at me like I am some kind of alien. They didn’t said anything till now.
Everyone else was also quiet. Confusion was clearly visible in Mom(Aditi), Chachi (Radhika), Adesh, Rahul bhai  and Tanvi di's face. I didn’t understand what did I do? Why they were looking at me like that?
Tanvi's mom broke the silence..
Third person’s POV
Tania (Tanvi's mom) : so… you are Adesh's wife?
PRITIKA : Yes.
VIKRAM : your habit of hiding information haven’t gone yet, Niles….huh how can I expect that you will share, when we are best friends then you hide, so of course why will you tell us now.
NILESH : Vikram…
VIKRAM : shut up!
Except some of them, everyone else was very confused. They didn’t understand what’s going on…
KAILASH : why there was no news of Adesh's marriage in the news channels? Didn’t you have a big wedding? Or was her father not able to afford a big wedding?
VIKRAM : haha... Your father is very greedy man…Right? Himself is poor but eyes always on the rich people. Do you have sister? Have your father found his next target?
TANIA : Vikram!!
Tears started to roll down from Pritika’s face. She didn’t like it. This is the reason why she doesn’t like rich people. She knew someone will definitely tell something bad about her one day for even after being a poor she married in such a rich family. But she can tolerate, if someone tell anything to her but she will not tolerate if anyone say bad about her father.
“How can he say such things about a dead person. My father was way more better than him. He atleast knew how to respect people. What does he think, just because he is rich, he can say anything? No I will not tolerate it.” – Pritika thought
Everyone else were very dissatisfied with Kailash and Vikram's attitude.
PRITIKA : you have no rights to talk bad about my papa. Just because we are poor and you are rich, you can’t say bad about us.
Pritika said this to vikram loudly with her teary eyes. Everyone was astonished hearing Pritika’s loud voice. They have never heard Pritika to speak to someone like this since she has gotten married with Adesh. Adesh was also surprised seeing his wife's new sight. He was happy seeing Pritika talk back to Vikram. He was happy that his shy, obedient little wife is actually courageous and strong. She just hasn’t showed it till now.
Another person was also very satisfied seeing Pritika’s protest and that another person is none other than, Aditi. She was happy to see that her daughter-in-law knows when to speak . She is very satisfied with Pritika now.
VIKRAM : huuh! I have no rights ??
KAILASH : What so good about that poor bastard?? He -
Pritika has heard enough, she couldn’t control anymore. Standing up from the sofa she started shouting at them.
PRITIKA : Stop! Stop! Don’t you say another bad word about my papa. My papa –
NILIMA : Pritika, dear calm down…no one will say anything bad about your father anymore. Adesh please take Pritika inside.
Before Adesh could hold Pritika's  hand, Pritika left the room cryingly. Adesh also followed behind her.
Tanvi was looking at her father and grandfather with a very dissatisfied face. She didn’t understand why did her father and grandfather behave this way.
PARESH : you haven’t changed Kailash. Even after so many years, you are still same.
NILIMA : We thought, after seeing her maybe you will be happy and maybe we have to manage everything so that she doesn’t understand anything. But what you did she will hate you guys more.
KAILASH : happy? What ‘SHE’ thinks, after seeing ‘their’ daughter, we will forgot everything and forgive them? Then they are dreaming.
VIKRAM : Again you are helping ‘Her’!!
KAILASH : Even if ‘She’ask for forgiveness, I will not forgive ‘Her’.
NILESH : don’t worry uncle, ‘She’ will not ask for your forgiveness.
VIKRAM : why? does ‘She’ still think, what ‘She’ did was right?
NILESH : Yeah, maybe still ‘She’ thinks 'she' was right. Now even if you want you can’t forgive 'them' nor 'they' need your forgiveness. They are now happily together. Actually you know what? You will ask for forgiveness.
KAILASH : huuh! Why? does that poor bastard has done something very big that now 'he' is more richer and powerful than us?
PARESH : Everything  is not about money and fame, Kailash.
KAILASH : Money and fame is everything, without this no one will respect you.
NILIMA : and when you don’t live in this world anymore… does money really matters?
Tanvi, Rahul were confusingly looking at them. They didn’t understand what they are talking about Or about whom they are talking about. They were just confusingly listening to them.
Radhika was also very confused. she was quietly listening to them. Her husband, Naresh has signalled her through his eyes that he will tell everything later.
But looking at Aditi's expression it was seeming that, she has realized something.
NILESH : They don’t care about your forgiveness. They are already dead.
There was pin drop silence after Nilesh’s statement for some seconds.
VIKRAM : Nilesh, don’t lie again.
NILESH : I am not lying and I have never lied. They are dead. Now they don’t need anything from you.
The Thakurs except Tanvi, was sitting with a shocked expression only Tanvi was sitting with confused expression. Tears were rolling from Vikram’s eyes.
The hatred, anger everything was replaced by sorrow in Vikram and Kailash’s eyes within seconds.
Then the realization hit Aditi, she was shocked finding the information. She was looking at Nilesh with shocked expression.