Chapter - 26

Third Person’s POV
TANVI : I still can’t believe that Pritika is actually my cousin!!....ohhh yeah now I remember… one day I have seen a picture of a woman in your wallet, dad and I had complained to Mom. Right… that’s why I felt I have seen Pritika before. That’s mean that was my bua's picture, that’s why mom, you hadn’t said anything. Now I understood.
Except Pritika, Pratima, Nidhi and Ridhi everyone was present in the study room of Paresh.
Tania, Tanvi's mom has told Tanvi, Rahul and Adesh about Pritika’s relationship with them.
ADESH : If I have to hide it from Pritika then why did you guys tell me? It would be better if I haven’t known. Now if she finds out one day that I knew everything, she will hate me like them. (Said making a crying face.)
ADITI : Adesh, don’t worry… I will think something before something like that happen.
KAILASH (Tanvi's grandfather) : I don’t understand why we can’t tell her?
NILIMAA (Adrsh's grandma) : Really Kailash!!! You really don’t understand? After your today’s behaviour I am sure Pritika doesn’t like you at all, if she comes to know about your real identity then her hatred will increase double.
KAILASH : why? Why she hates us? She doesn’t even know us.
PARESH : why will she not hate you? She has a solid reason to hate you. Maybe she was a little girl back then but she knows her mother’s family hadn’t helped her mother though they are rich. She had lost her father because they couldn’t afford his operations. After some months her mother had also died. She became a orphan. Why would she not hate you? Give me a reason.
KAILASH : I didn’t know… I didn’t know. She (Kritika) hadn’t even told us the reason for wanting money.
NILIMA : Hadn’t told you ? or you didn’t give her the chance to say. Kailash we know everything. You didn’t even tried to find her.
KAILASH : so what do you expect me to do?… my wife became a paralysis patient because of her. She didn’t even care about her mother’s health. With the help of your son, she eloped on her wedding day. Everyone was laughing at me. I had become a laughing stock in the business world.
NILIMA : what did you expect from her to do? You didn’t want to accept her relationship, you had even aborted her first child. What did you expect her to do?
KAILASH : listen Nilima, it’s easy for you to say. If something would have happened with your family you would have done the same.
NILIMA : Never and for you kind information my daughter,  Pratima's late husband was from a poor family. Though my  bad luck, I have to see my young daughter as a widow… but you know what my daughter doesn’t  hate us . But I am sure Kritika must had been hate you on her last days, otherwise Pritika wouldn’t have so much hate for her maternal grandparents and family. You always only care about money and fame. You have been like this since your college life. My friend Vedika also became like you staying with you.
KAILASH : No you are wrong. It was not about money. I had just wanted my daughter have a comfortable and secure life.
PARESH : To give her a comfortable and secure life you had forgotten about her real happiness.
Kailash lowered her head. The middle generation, means Nilesh, Vikram, Naresh and their wife, all of them were looking the elders with sad face. The young generation, means Adesh, Tanvi and Rahul , they were looking at the elders in astonishment. They were thinking that so much information they were getting today. They didn’t know about so many things.
KRITIKA : Yes… I accept. I lose… I lose my daughter because of my ego, my greed for fame. But now why can’t I tell Pritika, I am her grandfather. I will ask for her forgiveness.
NILIMA : Kailash, be patience… don’t take any hasty step. First you guys have to create a good relationship with her as Tanvi’s family. Today your actions has already damaged that some way.
ADITI : Yes… Kailash uncle, mummy is right.
VIKRAM : but will she forgive us? Will she talk with us.
ADESH : yes… she will. She is a good girl.
KAILASH : Then if we say we are her mother’s family, wouldn’t she forgive us?
PARESH : Kailash, I am warning you… you had done according to your wish with Kritika… but this time, this is Pritika, my granddaughter-in-law. Today was the last day I had let you hurt her. I will not let you hurt her feeling anymore. So do as we say or get out of our house. (said in a very authoritative way)
VIKRAM : Don’t worry uncle, Dad will not do anything which can ruin everything. I will make sure of it.
Yes… Vikram has decided, this time he will not act according to his dad as he did at his little sister, Kritika’s time. Pritika is the last gift her sister has left in this world. He will make sure to take care of her properly. And he will also ask for forgiveness for saying bad words about her papa, Prithvi.
NARESH : Then…everything settled…
ADESH : No, nothing is settled. What will I tell Pritika. I have said her I was going to talk with you guys. If she asked, then what will I tell… why you had behaved with her that way?
Then everyone was  like ‘ohh sh*t, we haven’t thought about that’. All of them started thinking about a plan. All the male present in the room  were thinking that business is more easy than family problems.
TANIA : Yes… I got it…
Everyone looked at her with very much interest , as if she was going to tell about any information of a treasure.
TANIA : we can tell Pritika that we were angry because we had fixed Tanvi's marriage with Adesh but Tanvi likes Rahul and Adesh also has gotten marriage with her. So we have just accidentally vented all our anger on her.
RADHIKA : yes… good idea. We can even add that you guys don’t like Rahul that much… as Adesh is a more capable businessman, you like him more as your son-in-law.
Everyone liked the idea. They were thinking it was a little convincing reason. So Pritika will believe this.
They were adding more criticism about Rahul forgetting about Rahul's existence in the room. Rahul was looking at his mother like a neglected puppy whose owner has forgotten about it’s existence.
Seeing the Pitiful expression on Rahul's face, Adesh and Tanvi couldn’t able to control their laugh. They started laughing loudly. Hearing their laugh all elders got confused at first but then they noticed about the existence of Rahul. They all also started laughing. The sad atmosphere from the evening cheered up little because of this.
          --------------
When Adesh entered into the room, Pritika was talking with her grandma on mobile Phone. Adesh didn’t distrub her, sitting on the bed Adesh waited for her to finish the call.
After finishing the call Pritika also sat on the bed beside Adesh.
PRITIKA : you know Adesh, I have just told my dadi everything about what happened in the evening and what the Thakurs had said about my papa. You know  what my dadi has said?
“ohh right.. Your dadi… how could we forget about her? Maybe she knows everything” – Adesh murmured.
PRITIKA : What?
Pritika didn’t hear clearly, what Adesh murmured.
ADESH : Nothing… nothing. What did your didi say?
PRITIKA : Dadi asked me forgive them. She think maybe they have their reason for saying those things (said like she was still little unconvinced about it)
“Wow! Your dadi has made things easy for us” – Adesh again murmured.
PRITIKA : Why are you murmuring? Can’t you speak properly ? ( said Irritatedely)
ADESH : I was saying, your dadi is right.
PRITIKA : huu?
ADESH : you know that I have just gone to talked with them….right?
Pritika didn’t reply anything, she just raised her one eyebrows in a questioning way. As if she was asking ‘what did they say?’
ADESH :  you actually accidentally became the target of venting their anger.
PRITIKA : why? What did I do? Why were they angry? Why would they vent someone’s else anger on someone else?
ADESH : easy little woman… easy… let me finish first. (pinched on Pritika's nose)
Pritika puffed her cheeks..Adesh told Pritika about all the things, they had planned to tell her.
PRITIKA : You and Tanvi di ? But she loves Rahul bhai no?
ADESH : Yes… because they didn’t know about Rahul and her relationship.
PRITIKA : what about your opinion about that?
ADESH : Don’t worry wifey… you don’t have to fear about that. I only love you. You are my one and only lovely wife.
Pritika blushed… Adesh kissed her on the cheeks.
ADESH : So, do you forgive them?
PRITIKA : Though I am still little angry but dadi also said and you’re also saying, they are sorry for their behaviour, then I am ok. If someone realize their mistake then we should forgive them.
Adesh smiled and hugged Pritika lovingly.