Chapter - 40

Adesh's POV
I am now outside of the green room, where Pritika is getting ready. I have brought some juice for her because She didn’t eat properly from the morning. She has called her dadi uncountable times since morning. I understand she is very nervous but I didn’t like when she didn’t even eat her meals properly today.
I knocked on the door, the make up artist opened the door.
Entering into the room I was little shocked to see Pritika is crying. I hurriedly walked over to her. I Kneeled in front of her chair .
ADESH : what happened, Pritika? Why are you crying?
She said in her broken voice…
PRITIKA : Adesh…I will not able to pass this round… please take me home, Adesh.
O god… this woman takes tension a lot.
ADESH : Pritika, Now I have to scold you if you continue this nonsense. It’s just a competition Pritika… it doesn’t matter if you win or not. Just enjoy your dance… we all came here to cheer you up. Even if you  lose, it will not effect our love for you and our believe in your ability.
PRITIKA : no Adesh, You don’t  understand.
O god Again!!! I am fed up with this sentence. I was really going to scold her when Pritika showed me a broken chain on her palm.
PRITIKA : look at this Adesh…
I looked at the chain from her hand and observed it. It was a gold chain but it was broken.
PRITIKA : My Papa had gifted this to my mom. We have not sold this even in our difficult situation. I used to wear it in my every exam or important day. But look today it has broken. Please Adesh I don’t want to participate in this competition anymore.
ADESH : Pritika, don’t behave like a child. I understand what you are feeling…
PRITIKA : No Adesh You don’t understand.
ADESH : if you said this sentence one more time I will really beat you… Pritika, you are your father’s strong daughter, you can’t give up so easily. You are my, Adesh Chauhan’s wife. You will participate in this competition and give your best for us. For me, for your dadi, for your parents  and for all the family members who have come here to support you…and about this chain… you will wear it today also. You just calm down and get ready for your competition… and also have this juice. I will come back with this chain  before your competition start I promise.
Taking the chain from Pritika’s hand I hurriedly left from there. Because I have only half an hour to repair it. After half an hour the competition will start.

Third Person’s POV
On the same auditorium in a vacant corridor… two person were conversing.
“I want you to spread broken glasses in the middle of the stage before her performance”
“It will be very risky ma’am. If anyone find out I will loose my job, ma’am.”
“I know…that’s why I am giving you such big amount of money. Even if you get caught you just have to keep your mouth shut. I will take care about your job.”
“ok ma’am. I will do it.”
“Good do it properly. Spread as many glasses as you can.”
“ok ma’am.”
In these two people one person was a staff member of this competition and other person was none other than Natasha. Natasha was smiling viciously hearing the staff member’s reply.
“whom are you trying to hurt?”
In the auditorium… in audience seats.
Pratima was telling everything to Radhika and Aditi what she has heard and see when she was coming from the washroom.
RADHIKA : I didn’t know she was so vicious…
ADITI : yes… I also never think her this much dangerous. She always behaves so sweetly. I thought all the things they will do only to create misunderstanding between Adesh and Pritika. I never thought She can even think of to harm Pritika. This is dangerous.
PRATIMA : But thank god at least our Nidhi has some sense.
RADHIKA : yes..
Flashback
NIDHI : whom are you trying to hurt?
Natasha got startled, she never expected Nidhi will hear everything.
NATASHA : Nidhi… I… what are you talking about? I didn’t try to hurt anyone.
NIDHI : Natasha di, I have heard everything.
NATASHA : I… I.. Wo.
NIDHI : It’s ok.. Natasha di, I understood. I know you are not like this. You are very angry at Pritika. I understand your feelings… but you should control your anger. Look if today I had not heard this and stopped you, I know you would have regretted later.
Nidhi took back the money from the staff and ordered her not to do anything.
Natasha was gritting her teeth. She wanted to throw all broken glasses on Nidhi, who ruined her whole plan. But She couldn’t show Nidhi that she was angry.
NATASHA : Thank you Nidhi… I don’t know what had happened to me. How could I even think of harming someone.
NIDHI : Don’t think about it anymore Natasha di. I know you are not like this. Look nothing will happened  to her (Pritika). So don’t blame yourself. Now let’s go.
They both didn’t notice Pratima has heard their full conversation. She was very shocked seeing Natasha’s viciousness but she was happy that at least their family’s daughter isn’t like her.
FLASHBACK END
ADITI : Where is Adesh?
RADHIKA : I don’t know. I haven’t seen him for a long time. There is no need to tell him now, everything is ok. We can inform him after the competition.
ADITI : No, we shouldn’t take risk. If she can think to harm Pritika one time. Then she can think second time also. Where is Rahul? Call him.
Rahul came in front of Aditi. Aditi told her everything what Natasha had planned to do. Rahul was shocked hearing this. But he composed himself very fast.
RAHUL : Don’t worry, bari ma. I will double check everything. I will make sure everything is fine.
Rahul left from there… Aditi, Radhika and Pratima now felt peace. They believe their children very much. They know nothing will happen… Rahul will make sure of that.
Pritika’s POV
It’s almost 1 hour Adesh has left with the chain but he still hasn’t come back. Five participate have already performed. Next participant is me.
No, I will not perform without that necklace.
“Our Next Participant is Pritika Chauhan.”
O god why did you do this. I can’t perform today. Sorry Adesh…sorry everyone I know I will disappoint you all by doing this…but I have no option. I should inform the organizers that I will not perform.