Chapter - 55

Adesh's POV
My little angel is now looking at me with her cute little eyes…I want to hold her in my arms but I can’t… because her brother, my enemy is also awake and now guarding his sister so that no one can touch her.
I am thankful to god that my little angel is now fine. We had almost thought everything was finished when her condition had started deteriorating… but thankfully everything is fine now. My both children is now out of danger. Actually no…everything is not fine. Pritika isn’t fine. She has become very overprotective towards our children that she isn’t even letting anyone even touch them.
I am very frustrated about it but bua (Pratima) has made me understand that she (Pritika) needs some time. She has started counselling her. But…I am not liking this. I can’t even hold my own children… what is this!!!
One night when Pritika was sleeping, very quietly I picked up my little angel from her crib and swaying her in my arms but the enemy of mine, my son…started crying in his high pitched voice, seeing me holding his sister, which woke Pritika up and she snatched our daughter from me. I was very hurt by her behaviour. I don’t know how many days I will able to tolerate this. I am also their father. It’s not my fault. I am still guilty.
I am also guilty for accusing my little sister. But what could I do…hearing my wife and children’s condition I couldn’t able to make myself calm and think properly. I am guilty for slapping her. I am ten years elder than her. She is also like a daughter to me. I always love her very much. I am guilty for slapping her.
Everyone is sad because Nidhi has left the house. I know mom isn’t showing it but she is also very hurt. Nidhi is moody, stubborn but she is still her little daughter. Now I can understand what she has been feeling. It hasn’t even completely two weeks my  children has come to this world and I can’t even think of a day living without seeing them.
I know when I will able to hold them and can do what every father does it will be difficult for me to even go to the office.
We all are little worried and also sad on Nidhi's decision. When she was selected for doing her internship in the rural area, she had shown so much tantrums and persuade dadu to change it, as dadu's friend is the principal… but two days before when she  came in front of us with luggage, first we had thought maybe she was angry at us because we had accused her, and this was her way of showing anger, we thought she will never leave the house…it was just her drama. But when she told us she was leaving because she has chosen her internship in rural area… we were shocked. The Nidhi who hates rural areas… even rural people that’s why she used to hate Pritika. Suddenly she was saying she wants to do her internship in the hospital of rural area for two years, it was a shocking news for us.
We all know she was doing this because she is guilty. Seeing Pritika’s condition she was feeling more guilty. So she wants to stay away from here.
We could stop her but no one did… because somehow we all want her to face the real world… to learn something good in her life. Respect others not by their wealth. Though thinking that she will be living in the rural area… where she will be not able to get any facilities, giving us pain but we know it is for her own good.
I had said sorry to her for my behaviour but her reply astonished me. I didn’t expect this kind of response from her. When I has said sorry to her for accusing her, she had replied “ No bhai, you all were not wrong. Somehow it was my fault. If I wasn’t against Bhabhi from the start and planned to break your relationship, this would have never happened. I had become selfish bhai… I thought I was doing it for you but no… I was actually only thinking about myself… I knew very well Neel doesn’t like me. I thought if Natasha would be your wife, Neel will accept me. I am selfish bhai… I have no right to intervene in your life… or take any decision about your life. Because of my selfishness our munchkins suffered… if something would have happened to them I would have never able to forgive myself. God has given me a second chance by making our munchkins recover. I will not waste this chance… I will be a good girl which mom always wants. I am sorry bhai… please say sorry to bhabhi also and give this to her. This is for her.” Saying this she gave me a letter to give it to Pritika. I was quite surprised by her words…I realised just in these two days our little Nidhi has become matured.
I don’t know what was in the letter. I didn’t read it. I gave it to Pritika. I am one hundred percent sure Pritika also hasn’t read it. No… it’s not because she is angry with Nidhi… it is because she has become strange… she has become obsessed with our children that she can’t think anything except them.
If I ask her, “Pritika, did you take your medicine?” Her reply will be “ I have given the babies their  medicine. Do you think I need to consult with the doctor again about their medicine? No actually I should wait for this medicine to finish.” If I ask her “ Have you had your lunch?” then her reply will be “ Babies have already had their milk. Do you think they are still hungry? No they can’t be…they have just finished their milk. Do you think because they don’t drink breast milk they are getting proper nutrition? Yeah yeah they are getting proper nutrition. I have read, nowadays many children don’t drink breast milk… it’s not a problem.”
Seeing Pritika's this obsessed behaviour sometimes I feel I will get mad. I want to yell at her but I can’t. Bua has warner me to behave with her calmly. But I don’t know how many days I will able to keep myself calm
My trance broke hearing my little angel's cry. I want to hold her in my arms and make her stop crying but I know if I do that, then Pritika will again snatch her from me and I don’t like that behaviour.
I look towards Pritika hearing my baby's cry, She is looking at me strangely without saying anything. I don’t understand what is happening with her… hearing our baby's cry without doing anything she is just looking at me. What happened to her?