The Prologue

December 25th, 2017

Well, Merry Christmas to me! My parents bought me this journal as a Christmas present that I can use at the job I went to college for! Said job college trained me for is the position of steam locomotive driver for The North Western Railway [N.W.R.], more infamously known as Sir Topham Hatt's Railway (or The Fat Controller's Railway.  Whichever you prefer).
I start driving my permanently assigned engine on January 3rd of this coming year!
A friend of mine who I went to college with got a steam locomotive driver's position too, but he asked The Fat Controller if he could spend a year being the firemen of the engine I get assigned to in order to have a year's experience working for the railway, and he agreed! The descendant of Sir Charles Topham Hatt I, Sir William Topham Hatt, is a very kind man who loves his railway staff and sentient engines, regardless if they're steam, electric, or diesel.  However, what The Railway Series books and TV Show doesn't tell you is DON'T make him angry or enraged.  He's a very scary man if you hurt one of us or his beloved railway engines.  Anyway, my friend's name is Johnathan Jackson, and he'll be my firemen for 2018!

January 3rd, 2018

Oh my god I'm so excited to find out which one of these lovely steamers me and Johnathan get to be the crew of! Oh and my name is Katrina Hornby, I'm sorry I forgot to write that in the last entry.

It appears we're the new crew of an engine that hardly ever got acknowledged in the books and TV show, his name is Reginald, he's the NWR's blue 4-6-0 Holden B12.  He didn't have a name for a long time, so he just went by his number, 98462.

I'll write in this again when it's been exactly a year from today

January 3rd, 2019

This year, Johnathan became the new driver of another steam engine who doesn't get acknowledged by the show nor books as well.  The NWR's blue 4-6-0 B17 named Colt, he also didn't have a name for long time, same as Reginald, and until then went by his number, 87546.  
This however, meant Reginald needed a new firemen, luckily, a man and a woman came into the sheds.  The young man is Reginald's new firemen, his name is Jon Thompson.  Boy oh boy is he cute or what! The woman is Colt's new firemen named Megan Stokes. They both are sweethearts towards us, even Reginald & Colt like and enjoy their company as well as mine and Johnathan's company, of course.  It didn't take long for Reginald & Colt to get emotionally attached to us four, everyone including Sir Topham Hatt himself loved how smoothly and swiftly the two moved and worked with us as their crews.    
Reginald & Colt were always negatively portrayed as the sly, villainous engines of pure evil, but they're the exact polar opposite of those negative portrayals.  They make all the other engines very upset at the fandom too, it's quite immature honestly.  

November 2nd, 2019

We noticed some strange black dressed men driving in black lorries roaming all around and across the island.  Seemingly protecting men wearing white coats typing on their laptops shortly after exiting the lorries.  One day these men surveyed the Vicarstown Sheds where Reginald, Colt, Rosie, Bear, and Derek all sleep after a hard day's work.  Johnathan pointed out that the black dressed mercenaries were heavily armed with military style, fully automatic assault weapons.  I began to get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach shortly after the men left, Johnathan was worried sick about the men too.     

February 14th, 2020

Those men kept returning and acting strangely towards us...  It's scary, and very worrying...  The Fat Controller and the railway board ordered all of us to report any suspicious activities to the head of the NWR (The Fat Controller) at once, after that announcement was made, the men finally stopped coming to the island.  Oh! And Happy Valentine's Day to me and Johnathan! Megan & Jon got us gifts! Megan bought Johnathan a watch, and Jon bought me a necklace, awe how sweet of them!  

March 13rd, 2020

Some unfamiliar faces turned up at the abandoned supermarket building adjacent to the rails of The Skarloey Railway on top of a large hill in Crovan's Gate.  Forgot to mention in the last entry that Brendam Docks was mysteriously closed and quickly had a tall fence built keeping everyone in the docks from leaving and others from entering.  Poor Salty and Porter, they must now feel completely isolated from the rest of island working or sitting in their sheds all alone...  Bill & Ben weren't allowed to deliver their china clay there and had to take them to Knapford Harbor instead.  Sir Topham Hatt has been trying to contact the dock manager for the past serval days to no avail...  Any who, we must get some sleep for a busy day ahead tomorrow! Goodnight!