An Outbreak's End (And Where Are They Now?)

August 7th, 2056

 Hey, It's Johnathan Jackson now writing! And wow! Katrina has written down A LOT from 2020! Haha! Anyway, here's what happened to all of us who survived the outbreak!

The Island Of Sodor

Well The Island of Sodor got abandoned altogether on March 26th, 2020 as we rested back at Suddery after the battle at the docks.  All of the island's residents were evacuated on April 2nd, 2020 and it hasn't been inhabited since.  In 2022, Parliament built freeways and expressways on the island to get to a different part of England to settle. 

Robert & Sonny

On March 26th, 2020, Robert & Sonny left our consist at Vicarstown wanting the stay on the island and help continue the island residents evacuate.  Their boilers gave out (meaning they died of fatigue).  Robert died on April 2nd, 2020 shortly after arriving at Barrow-Furness with the very last evacuees.  And Sonny died on March 29th, 2020 at Crovan's Gate...  Their corpses, even despite the roads being created in 2022, were left to rot on Sodor...  God bless their kind souls. 

Molly, Donald, & Douglas

   After Robert & Sonny's deaths, Sir Bertram Topham Hatt decided to hold an auction on May 1st, 2020.
Molly and the Scottish Twins, all three were sold to a heritage railway in Scotland on their old line!
Donald & Douglas are still alive & still in operating heritage service.  Molly however, passed away due to old age on January 26th, 2039, and her body was scrapped. 

 Oliver, Toad, Isabel, & Dulcie

Oliver, Isabel, & Dulcie were sold to a GWR-based heritage railway, those three are still alive and in working order as they're this railway's primary tourist train!
Toad however, died of a heart attack caused the assault's stress on March 25th, 2020 at 3:50pm...  His body was left at Brendam Docks and is still there with Robert & Sonny's bodies to this day...

Bill & Ben

 We reunited with James, Bill, & Ben in London on March 27th, 2020! Bill & Ben were surprisingly bought by The Tallylyn Railway in Wales for a small standard gauge expansion! Those twins reunited with all of the surviving former Skarloey Railway engines who worked there after they were evacuated off Sodor and all of them are still alive and in operating service, minus Prince & Tallylyn, the same can't be said for the rest of that railway's narrow gauge engine fleet...

David (Diesel)

 David was purchased by The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway (which was resurrected as a heritage railway), because they lost the bidding war with an American Heritage Line over James.  David is still alive and is the primary maintenance diesel for them so of course he's still in running order. 

 James

James was purchased by The Grand Canyon Scenic Railway in Williams, Arizona in America.  He's still alive to this day, still operating under his own steam, and is VERY happy because he pulls nothing but scenic passenger trains! 

Claude

 Claude was one of four pieces of Ex-NWR equipment bought by The National Railway Museum in York.  He became a permanent static display piece in their museum.  On June 9th, 2021, Claude passed away in his sleep but his body is still on display for the museum goers to view.

  Gordon, Reginald, & Colt

  Reginald, Colt, & Gordon were the other three pieces of Ex-NWR equipment purchased by The NRMY, But unlike poor Claude, those three were kept running by going wherever Scott, Mayflower, & Mallard all go to get quite the good & long runs.

Us (Me & Katrina)

We obviously went with Reginald & Colt to The NRMY, but they hired new crews for them.  We asked them, "Why?", and they told us it was Gordon's Driver & Firemen found new jobs and left Gordon's footplate for good (meaning they definitely weren't going with him).  They made Me & Katrina, Gordon's New Crew! Those three are still alive and still in good working order to run on their own steam.  However...  Me & Katrina started in 2020, but this year was our last year running Gordon.  We just finished training our replacements and we retired on July 1st, 2056.  We dated, got married, and had four children together in our time as Gordon's crew.  And yes, we're still married and the kids can be a handful at times but we love them all the same.
I guess that's it.  I can stop writing and put this journal away now! To whom at may concern, this was our story about Sodor's end.  An event we like to call, A Sudrian Outbreak...