Old Iron & An Enterprising Engine...

March 15th, 2020; Time: 8:30am

We had just woken up, quickly showered, fired up Reginald & Colt, and we saw The Red Mist was indeed gone! Whew! Once they were up to steam, we opened the shed doors and left Vicarstown in search of survivors, me and Johnathan have a bad feeling about this though...

March 15th, 2020; Time: 9:34am

Two familiar but also unfamiliar whistles blared out up ahead, distant groaning followed them with slow chugging...  We decided to quietly follow the chugging when the next thing we all knew, two familiar colored tenders were in front of us.  The zombified moans and groans came from these two engines...    They went all the way to Crovan's Gate.  Reginald & Colt wanted to roll up along side the two engines.  But when we did, Reginald & Colt began to cry as there is only one blue #2 small 4-4-0 tender engine, and only one green #3 large 4-6-0 tender engine...  Reginald & Colt (coupled together with Colt behind Reginald) stopped along side their dear friends, Edward & Henry...  They, like Luke, were also zombified...  and miraculously ignored Reginald staring and sobbing at them as they wanted in The Crovan's Gate Works where Victor & Kevin were hiding.  Edward & Henry rammed into the works doors multiple times to no avail (We'd turned Reginald & Colt around somehow while they were still trying to invade the works by the way).  When they grew tired of trying to invade the works is when they noticed us trying to get away from them and with loud, demonic zombie roars, they charged after us, all of a sudden not chugging so slowly! Luckily, the signal box switched us onto the mainline towards Killdane and led Edward & Henry into sidings with giant spikes protruding out of the buffers.  They didn't even bother to put on their brakes as they crashed into the spikes, killing themselves instantly! Sudden, their zombified crews charged at Reginald & Colt, but Johnathan pulled out his 9mm Pistol and killed all four of them in a minute or so, Johnathan was always a sharpshooter with any firearms who seldom misses a shot.  All of their heads exploded as soon as he shot them in their foreheads, black blood oozed out of the big holes where their necks and heads used to be... 

March 15th, 2020; Time: 10am

We ran down the mainline to Kelsthorpe Road Station.  A horde of human zombies were standing on the platform.  As a result, we just sped past the station.  We arrived at Killdane to a red signal.  Two trains were coming the opposite way, one was The Express pulled by Rebecca since yesterday we heard Gordon was ill and stay in Tidmouth Sheds all day and Richard took a goods train to the mainland.  The other was Derek and his fish train...   They both roared passed with Derek roaring like a zombie.  While Rebecca went by, Reginald & Colt heard what they described as her "trying to scream",  as she had skin perfectly covering her eyes and mouth, sealing them shut...  We then heard them crashing into each other at Kelsthorpe Road as close as it sounded.  We then heard a zombified engine moaning and groaning in the nearby goods shed...  The zombie engine used to be, Rosie...  She must've delivered the fuel tankers and got caught in the red mist trying to hide there...  Luckily, she never knew we were there so she didn't attack us...  We got the hell out of there unscathed.  We saw two dead engines on our way to the junction...  But one of them was mutated into a beast with large, red, spider-like legs and black blood leaking out of it's giant mouth.  "Beast 3" was spray-painted on the diesel that used to be Sydney's side...  The other dead engine was Nia, her face had been gutted out by the now dead beast diesel...  Such a gruesome sight...  We continued on to the junction.