The Crovan's Gate Sprint

March 14th, 2020; Time: 7am

We had just arrived to see that the firelighter got Reginald & Colt's fires started for us.  They greeted us warmly as usual! Rosie was called to take a train of Diesel Fuel Tankers to The Killdane Ironworks so Arry & Bert could have their fuel tanks refilled at the ironworks.  Derek was called to Knapford Harbor to collect a train of freshly caught fish, lastly The Fat Controller was called to meet the queen and the railway board in London, so he ordered Bear to collect the special Pullman Coach then go to Tidmouth to take him there after Richard takes the special goods to Brislington at tea time.  Reginald & Colt were just assigned to their normal job of double heading The 3pm Vicarstown Local to Crovan's Gate and back.  We were told to just stay in the sheds till 2:45pm.  We enjoyed this idea and in that time, Reginald & Colt slept in! So did we when we were allowed to go back to our homes for some extra sleep.  Yay!

March 14th, 2020; Time: 2:50pm

We returned 10 till 3.  Just barely enough time for Reginald or Colt to shunt the coaches onto the station platform.  The passengers got on board, and the guard blew his whistle and we set off for Crovan's Gate as usual still.

March 14th, 2020; Time: 3pm

We arrived at Crovan's Gate, right on time! However, something seemed, off, to say the least... I say that because there was no one waiting to board our train at the station.  The Stationmaster was out of his office wondering why no passengers showed up to board our train.  Then, Luke, who was one of The Skarloey Railway engines slowly chugged in with only a break van in tow.  Reginald (who he and Colt were already turned around for the return trip to Vicarstown), was going to greet Luke when he suddenly gasped in horror.  Luke wasn't himself at all... his face was very bloody, and looked to be melting, and he kept moaning and groaning, just like a zombie. The men who were in the abandoned supermarket then ran out in a rush and into Luke's break van.  Then, the supermarket exploded violently! We were frightened by this, and so were our passengers! They got back on our train clearing the platform like magic doing so! The Stationmaster ran into one of the coaches in fright too.  then our guard boarded and Reginald & Colt sped off back to Vicarstown! They reached their top speeds in a few minutes which felt like seconds to us swaying back and fourth in their cabs, as if they were running for dear life! We've never saw them go THIS fast ever before! Then suddenly, some strong shockwave stuck us! And a red mist began to cover the sky! We were horrified when we saw this red mist! Then, we passed Henry who was groaning in pain for some reason.  Then we passed Edward in the same shape as Henry, groaning in pain.  However, Reginald & Colt still didn't stop until we were back at The Vicarstown Station.  

March 14th, 2020; Time: 4pm

We made it back to the station.  But that shockwave busted out all the windows on our coaches, the passengers were getting out with all sorts of glass-related injuries...  The Crovan's Gate Stationmaster however, got a huge gash in his skill, the injury killed that poor man instantly. We saw the Sodor Fallout AU where Edward's crew just leaves him in the station.  We decided NOT to do that! And took Reginald & Colt back to the sheds! We got in just in time! The Red Mist began to descend into Vicarstown, the station put up it's air tight seal doors up in time too.  Luckily we knew the sheds were tight sealed too.  We decided to spend the night with Reginald & Colt in The Vicarstown Sheds so they wouldn't be there alone.  We saw the news saying Sodor was under attack by the men who used a very strong explosion to spray the red mist across the whole island, said mist was killing people and turning them into zombies! Thankfully, those men didn't bother to stop here.  Parliament made an emergency broadcast telling the rest of The United Kingdom what happened on Sodor, and that the red mist should be blown off the island overnight.  Telling all Sodor residents and engines to stay indoors until tomorrow morning.  Reginald & Colt were hoping that all of their friends would be okay.  The yard workers were caught in the red mist, we watched in horror as it first kills them, then made their corpses contort violently, melting their flesh off and burning their clothes, after that, they rose as zombies.  Poor fellas...    Anyway, we couldn't bring ourselves to tell Reginald & Colt that we remembered that Rosie, Derek, Edward, Henry, James, Daisy, Arthur, and most of the other engines would've still been out working when the mist descended from the sky so we were thinking it'd be one hell of a miracle if any of the 250+ locomotives and rolling stock survived...  The Fat Controller called the Sheds' phone to see if anyone there survived, he was most grateful to hear Johnathan's voice when he answered the phone, he was extremely happy when he told him me, Jon, Megan, Reginald, and Colt all survived and were hiding here until tomorrow morning.  Sir Topham Hatt told Johnathan to tell us that we weren't the only survivors on the island but Johnathan said he didn't have time tonight to us where, all he quickly said was "Tidmouth" in a very quiet voice.  He then told him that Bear & Richard were not only fine, but were ordered to stay in London until all of the hordes of zombified animals, humans, engines, and rolling stock were dead, so he ordered us to be careful tomorrow, and we all took his advice.