Chapter 10: Hvitserk's worries

Hvitserk POV...

I woke up the next morning to see that I had fallen asleep on the couch talking to Sigurd last night. It is so good to see my brother again and alive mind you, considering I did see him die in front of me. I looked around to see that Sigurd had fallen asleep next to me but he was on the floor spread out, still snoring.

I got up and not so accidentally kicked Sigurd as I walked to the kitchen while stretching and yawning. I got a glass of water and got one ready for Sigurd too, when I heard him groaning from the floor, most likely not wanting to get up just yet.

I walked towards Maggie's room and knocked on the door, "Maggie, you up?" I ask through the door. At least my English is starting to get better slowly. I didn't hear anything, no reply at all. So, I called again, "Maggie?".

No answer again, I quickly opened the door to find that she was nowhere to be seen. I panicked and started speaking Danish again. "Maggie, hvor er du? Maggie, mit hjerte? Hvor er du? (Maggie, where are you? Maggie, my heart? where are you?)".

Sigurd must have heard me nearly yelling, because he got up from the floor in the lounge room and walked towards me yawning. "What is wrong Brother?"

"I kan ikke finde Maggie. Jeg gør ikke know where she er også gået. (I can't find Maggie. I don't know where she has gone too.)" I reply mixed between English and Danish.

"Okay, how about instead of panicking. I give her a call on her phone, okay?" Sigurd tells me calmly while scratching his head.

I nodded my head quickly and wait for him to pull out his weird block thing to call Maggie.

Sigurd POV...

I give Maggie a call hoping she will pick up because my brother genuinely looks worried for her. I have never really seen him care for someone like this before. I can see why he cares about her; she has this presence about her that makes you calm and makes you feel like you are home.

After a few rings she picks up. "Hello Maggie speaking" I heard her say.

"Morning Maggie, how are you?" I ask Maggie.

"Ah good morning, Sigurd. How are you this morning? Was there something wrong?" Maggie replies.

"I am good thank you and no nothing is wrong; I was just calling because Hvitserk was a bit worried about you when he couldn't find you. That's all" I tell Maggie.

"Really, I did leave a note on the table, saying where I was going when I saw no one awake when I left this morning. I went out to get some breakfast for us, I will be back soon. I got to go bye Sigurd." Maggie replies.

"Okay thanks for letting me know, bye Maggie." I say as I hang up the phone.

Hvitserk POV...

I look towards my brother to see that he is off his block thingy now. "So, what she say? Where she go?" I ask my brother.

"First of, calm down brother, and second, she is fine. She just went out to get some breakfast for us and she said that she left a note on the table to let us know what she was doing anyway." Sigurd tells me.

"Ah okay" I reply calming down a bit.

......Time Skip......

Maggie POV...

After getting everything for breakfast and some coffee as well, I walked back to the hotel. It had taken a bit longer than I thought it would but that was because the place I went to, to get breakfast was really busy this morning and there was a bit line.

I walked towards the door to my hotel room and began opening it. It was quiet when I walked in, a bit too quiet. I found the brothers on the couch with one of my books that I had brought with me on this trip.

It looked like Sigurd was trying to teach Hvitserk how to read modern language and they both looked like they were enjoying the book. As I walked towards them, Sigurd looked up first and then Hvitserk. "Morning Maggie" Sigurd said.

"Moring Sigurd" I replied.

I turn towards Hvitserk and before I could say anything, he pulls me into a hug and held me tight against him. "I worried, when couldn't find you" Hvitserk says to me.

I look up to him and say "I'm sorry, I'm here now."