Chapter 14: Calm Down & Talk

Ivar's POV...

I sat in the thing called a car, watching my brothers talking to this woman. I didn't know where I was or how I got here.

The last thing I remember was dying in Hvitserks arms. Then I remember waking up in a Forest with no idea where I was.

Next thing I know, I see one of my brothers who I thought was dead, Sigurd. He pulled up in some type of wagon thing, surprised to see me.

Now I am sitting in the wagon thing, waiting to see what will be happening next.

Maggie's POV...

After speaking to Sigurd and Hvitserk, we decided to let Ivar stay at my house. I lived in a big family home and had a couple of rooms spare, without including Hvitserks room and my room.

I left the brother and walked to Sigurd's car to greet Ivar. I could feel his stare through the window and I could imagine that he was feeling a bit confused about the whole situation.

I knocked on the passenger window, his head whipped around and he glared at me. I could tell he was starting to get a bit angry because he didn't really know what was going on.

I opened the car door and said "Hi Ivar, my name is Maggie, I am friends with your brothers. Would you like to come inside and I can explain what has happened?"

He didn't say anything, just glared at me. I reached across Ivar and undid his seatbelt. I started pulling away and looked away for a second.

Just as I'm about to call Hvitserk over, Ivar suddenly grabs one of my arms harshly. I must have made a noise in surprise because the next thing I know, Hvitserk was beside me.

He was grabbing Ivar's hand to try and pry it off my arm. Sigurd came over and went to the drivers side, so that he had easier access to Ivar.

Sigurd was trying to talk to Ivar to try and calm him down. I took a glance at Ivar's face and he had a look of anger, confusion and fear.

Hvitserk's POV...

I grabbed a hold of Ivar's hand to try and release his grip on Maggie's arm. With how tight he had grabbed, I knew that she will end up with a bruise on her arm.

"Ivar, you have to let go brother. You are hurting Maggie." I told Ivar.

"NO! I don't know who she is and I don't trust her!" Ivar replied.

Sigurd was still trying to calm Ivar down. "Ivar, brother can you please calm down. You can trust her. She is here to help." Sigurd told Ivar.

Maggie's POV...

After a while we finally got Ivar to release my arm. I walked away from the car to let the brothers try and calm Ivar down.

I went inside the house to grab something that I got the other day. I had a feeling it would come in handy so I bought it.

I returned back outside with a wheelchair for Ivar , so that he could get around and wouldn't hurt his legs anymore.

I looked towards Hvitserk and called out "Hey Hvitserk, can you please let Ivar know that we need to bring him inside and then we can help."

Hvitserk nodded and said "Okay, will do."

I noticed after sometime that Sigurd had made his way over to stand next to me.
" You know, Ivar has always been closer with Hvitserk, even as kids. I never really got along with him, mother always paid more attention to him than the rest of us. All because of his legs." He told me.

I turned and faced Sigurd, I kept silent and just let him get everything off his chest.
"I know that even if he was born with normal legs, mother would find something else to focus on. But it wouldn't be us because after father left, she just became blind to the world. I still had my brothers by my side and I guess I also took my anger out on Ivar as well and I regret that. I am hoping that with this second chance, I can mend my relationship with Ivar and become a better brother." He said with tears in his eyes.

I reached out and placed a hand on his arm, he turned and looked at me.

"Don't worry Sigurd, there will be some ups and downs but you both will definitely have that brothers bond again." I told Sigurd truthfully.

He had no words, the only thing he could say was "Thank you Maggie."