Chapter 11: Just a Few More Things

Maggie's POV...

It's been a couple of days and we started to get everything ready to head home. Hvitserk had decided to stay with me and Sigurd will be meeting up with us a couple of weeks later back in Australia. We already got most of the documents done for Hvitserk and all that is left is to get some more clothes for Hvitserk.

I looked outside the window to see that it was sunny outside, so it was a perfect day to go shopping and do some last-minute exploring while we are out. I turned towards Hvitserk to see that he had finished eating breakfast and was putting the dishes in the sink.

He has come a long way; he is a fast learner and he is pretty much use to the modern era now but there are still a few things that keep surprising him. Like his brother, they both still worship the Norse Gods, he was quite surprised when I told him of all the different religions there in this modern era.

"You nearly ready to head out Hvit? It looks like it will be a good day." I ask Hvitserk.

"Yeah, almost ready. Just got to get my socks I think that's what they are called and then my shoes on." Hvitserk replies. I forgot to mention that Hvitserk has gotten so much better with English but he still has some troubles with certain words.

Hvitserk's POV...

I followed Maggie out of the hotel room, she had decided that today we get the rest of the things that I will need. Sigurd had decided to go off and finish what he had originally started before he first caught sight of me.

It was a lovely sunny day; I can still remember when I was a child and I would play with my brothers. It was always fun to drag Ivar in his small cart and see how fast we could go. It seemed simpler than before everything that had happened.

I still don't know what happened to my brother Ubbe to this day, but as long as he lived a full life and made it to the gates of Valhalla, that's all I care about. In a few days I will be following Maggie to her country, it will be interesting to see what this country and their culture are like.

"Hey Maggie, what do we need to get today?" I ask her, curious to see what I will need.

She thinks for a bit with her hand on her chin. "Well, first we need to get you some more clothes and then some shoes. Maybe some books and some snacks that I've got to take home for my family." Maggie tells me.

I was curious to know more about Maggie because she hadn't told me about her family or her story yet. I think everything has basically blown past her mind because she was too busy helping me to worry about anything else.

We walked for a bit in silence just taking in the surroundings and the peacefulness of the moment. We had reached the first shop in no time and that was when our day truly begun.

Maggie's POV...

By the time we had finished most of our shopping, the time was slowly starting to creep in the midafternoon. We had decided to find somewhere nice to stop at for a quick bite to eat and to rest our arms for a bit from carrying all the bags of stuff we had bought today.

As much as I loved visiting Stavanger, I miss home and I miss my family.

Ragnarssons, The Four Brothers and MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara