What Now

We all ended up in the principal's office sitting in front of his desk. The seating arrangements were Amanda, Catherine, Zach, and then me. I was kind of nervous, because this would be the first time I would be in the principal's office. Lifting my head up, I stared at Mr. Ross. He was an older man maybe in his thirties with straight black hair, that was always neatly fixed, and big brown eyes. He had a pair of reading glasses on, staring at a few pieces of papers.

When he lifted his head, he took off his glasses setting them down, before folding his hands. His eyes glanced around at us, before letting out a sigh.

"Ok everyone, would someone like to tell what happened."

Everyone remained quiet, and I glanced down at my hands, before I felt this hand over mine. Lifting my head, Zach gave my hands a squeeze, before smiling at me. I started to relax, and I brought my eyes back at Mr. Ross, and he was watching us in returned. I felt my cheeks burn, before I dropped my head down.

"Mr. Matthews do you know what is going on?"

"Err... well kind of."

"Please explain?"

Lifting my head up, Mr. Ross was staring at Zach, but Zach seemed a little redundant to say anything else.

"I'll tell you what is going on."

Turning my head to Catherine, she was leaning back with her arms folded. She glanced at me for a moment, before back at the principal.

"Alright Ms. King."

"This crazy girl is going around starting things. So when I went and confronted her about it, she went and tried to fight me."

She pointed at Amanda, and Amanda said nothing, but threw glares at her.

"Is that true Ms. Rush?"

"No, and this has nothing to do with her in the first place."

They both were glaring at each other, and Zach let out a sigh rolling his eyes at both of them. Moving my hands squeezing Zach's hand, and he met my eyes for a moment, before a soft smile fell on his face.

"Truth is Principal Ross, Melissa and Zach has nothing to do with the fight."

Mr. Ross then turned his head toward us, before looking at his papers.

"Melissa?"

"Yes Sir?"

"Were you involved in the fight this morning?"

"No."

"What about you Zachary?"

"Nope."

"Ok, can you two then wait outside for now."

"Sure."

Zach stood up, and pulled me up by the hand as well. Walking out the room, he pulled me to this couch that was in the office. Sitting down, I let out a sigh leaning back, before Zach put his arm around my shoulders. Staring at him for a split second, I leaned against his side. I was kind of exhausted.

"I'm sorry about this."

"Huh?"

Looking at him, he had a frown on his face.

"Sorry you had to get involved."

"It's ok."

Laying his head on top of mine, we waited a good while until the door opened, and Amanda and Catherine came out. Sitting up, she walked over to us, with a sigh. She flopped down beside me, and I turned toward her.