Being Selfish part 2

During the school time, Zach had disappeared. I was like really confused, because I had just saw him, and he was gone. It seemed that school went by so slowly today, and I sighed walking to my locker. Shoving my books into my locker, I could feel the pout slowly forming on my face, as I stared down for a moment. Stepping back, my locker was then closed, and I turned to see Terrell. I stared at him shocked, and he gave me a smirk.

"Hey little bit."

"Hi."

"So listen, I need you to come with me."

"Huh?"

"No time to explain."

My hand was then pulled, and we were running down the hall. What in the world is going on, and we went around the corner. He soon stopped when we came to another set of lockers, before dropping my hand. Staring at him confused, he glanced around like he was looking for something, before opening his locker. He took something out, before turning and shoving it into my hands. Looking at my hands, it was a piece of paper, and I stared at it for a moment. It was the words Happy Birthday was sketched with a cupcake drawn above it. Slowly lifting my head back up, I stared at Terrell, before a small smile formed on my face.

"You made this for me?"

"Well Zach said your birthday was yesterday, so... yeah."

My smile soon got bigger, I never would have thought Terrell would do something like this. Looking at him, he was looking away rubbing the back of his neck, which I found kind of cute that he was embarrassed. I use to think that Terrell was kind of scary, and unapproachable, but now that I know him better, it's like he's a big sweetheart.

"Thank you."

"Um... no problem."

Staring down at the picture, I glanced back up, before moving and hugging him tightly.

"Wha...."

Giving him a big squeeze, I pulled back looking at him, and caught a smile on his lips. It soon disappeared through, as he tried to play it off by turning his head away. Chuckling, I heard footsteps running over, and I looked to see familiar blonde hair coming around the corner. Derek spotted us, before he sighed running over.

"Dang Melissa, do you know how hard it is to find you."

"Sorry."

He shook his head, before glancing from me to Terrell, then back at me.

"Did I interrupt something?"

Cocking my head to the side confused, I glanced at Terrell to see he had narrowed his eyes at Derek, before rolling them.

"Not a thing."

He soon shoved his hands in his pockets, before walking passed us. A chuckle fell from my lips, before I looked back at Derek.

"So what did you need?"

"Oh yeah, come on."

He grabbed my hand, before I was once again pulled down the hallway. He pulled me out of the school, and toward this truck. Catherine was already inside, and I glanced at him confused.

"Where are we going?"

"Zach has told me to take you to his house."

"Oh."

So he left school early to go home... I wonder what he is up to. Climbing in the truck, Catherine gave me a smile as she scooted over. Slowly closing the door, I glanced over between her and Derek for a moment, before a smirk formed on my lips. They totally are together, wonder why they aren't telling anyone yet. Staring out the window, I didn't want to pay to much attention to them, but I did see that Derek had took one hand off the steering wheel, and was holding Catherine's. They are cute together, but if I say anything it would really make it awkward between us.

When we got to Zach's house, I glanced over to Derek when he didn't make a move to get out.

"Ya'll aren't coming in?"

"Nope, go have fun."

Staring at him kind of confused, I opened the door jumping out, before closing it. Folding the picture, I waved as I walked to the front door. Knocking two times, I waited for a moment. When it opened, revealed Tiff, she smiled, before pulling me inside. I was then engulfed into a big hug, and I hugged her back in surprise.

"Happy belated birthday, pretty girl."

"Thank you."

Pulling away, we started walking down the hall, before we heard voices.

Seriously Mom this is to much

Zachary you have to realize nothing is to much when it comes to the girl you love

Mom...

I could hear laughter, and I was kind of curious now. Going around the corner, I peeped into the living room to see Zach with his mom. They seemed to be bickering about something, but when Zach saw me he stopped. A smile formed on his face, before he moved away from him Mom, and toward me. Tiff moved passed me when Zach stopped in front of me.

He stared at me for a moment, before moving closer, and wrapping his arms around my waist. Laying my cheek against his chest, he smiled leaning down, and pressed a kiss on my forehead. I seriously wanted to complain about him just up and leaving school, but how can I do that when he's being like this. Letting out a sigh, he leaned back, before giving me a smile.

"Sorry."

"About what?"

"My Mom."

"Huh?"

Glancing to the side, I saw Mrs. Matthews was staring at us in a fond type of way. Giving her a little smile, she moved closer toward us.

"It's so nice to see you again, Melissa."

"You too Mrs. Matthews."

Clapping her hands together, she reached taking my hands. Giving them a light squeeze, it was like I saw a twinkle in her eyes for a moment.

"Zach told us that it was your birthday yesterday?"

"Yeah it was."

"Well Tiffany and I are going to give you a present."

"You really don't have to."

"Oh, but we want to."

I was feeling kind of shy now, and I glanced over toward Zach. He was rubbing his face with one hand, and Tiff seemed to be bouncing in her shoes. 

"Well Zach you continue what you were doing. We'll be done in half an hour."

I didn't really have enough time to think what she meant, before I was being pulled out of the room. Tiff was right behind me, and as soon as we got upstairs, and into a room. They closed the door behind us, and I stared kind of weary.

"Shall we begin girls."

Staring at both of them, they started to slowly move closer toward me.

What is going on here?!