Chapter 10: Spark

15/08/1637
Gründerstadt, Wäldereich Federation

The thick clouds covered the sky, blocking both the moons and the stars. Many people that were stranded in the Wäldereich Federation were giving up to force the Wäldereich government to return them to their homeland. They accepted that the Wäldereich Federation was transferred to the new world, and they returned to the shelter provided by the Wäldereich government. However, the condition isn't returned to the generally used as rationing is still not lifted.

Rald stayed at his office, reviewing the report about the military strength of every country in the Leinian continent. The report that he's holding is the report about the strength of the Pagandan military. His adjutant accompanied him to help him with his work.

Rald tapped at the table as he read the report, "Interesting. Their 'flying lizards' are faster than our helicopter and can't maintain the top speed for longer. They still use the muzzleloading rifled musket and cannon although they have some water-cooled machine guns and 'light tanks' from Leiford, they're not much of a threat. The magic though is still the concern"

"Sir Waldmann, our previous aircraft also detected a radar signal. The information from our spies in Paganda says that some people rented the location from Milishial"

Rald slammed at the table using his palms, "Damnit, I didn't expect this. It looks like we should take the stealth aircraft program back from the shelves. Well, at least we have Ekj-79. Anything else?"

"The Richthofen Fleet Group will arrive tomorrow to reinforce the Tirpitz Fleet Group, alongside several civilian cargo ships that we chartered before"

Rald spoke to himself, "Good since we're alone in this new world. Our priority is to survive and thrive". He put down the report and looked at his adjutant, "So, how's the Leiford and Inert...Irnetia?"

"We could assume that Leiford would jump in to protect the Paganda. As for Irnetia, they decide to be neutral since their lack of military strength and relying on the Leiford's military that was stationed on their Island"

Rald then clasped his hand, "Good, now we need a spark to ignite this operation". He then thought, "Ah, can you please leave me alone?"

His adjutant nodded and left the office. Meanwhile, Rald crouched below the desk to take a hidden telephone and dialed it. The telephone's connection is well secured to avoid any unwanted eavesdropping.

"Come on, come on. Oh, it's connected"

<<Welcome to Gray Ribbon Military History and Armament Discussion Group. What can I do for you?>>

Rald replied "Zwölfter Stadtrat"

<<Wait, I'll patch it up to the higher-ups>>

Rald waited for a moment. Then, he heard a different voice from the telephone.

<<Oh, the 12th councilor of Gray Ribbon. What can I do for you, sir>>

"Are there any men from the Gray Corps in Paganda?"

<<Yes it is, sir>>

Rald then spoke about his plan through the telephone. He knew that his plan might harm some of his fellow Wälderian. But, he and his organization want to "help" Wäldereich into a mighty nation using their ways.

17/08/1637
Priscina, Kingdom of Paganda

The grand castle is located in the heart of Paganda. The king and his advisors are holding a meeting about their current economic situation. King Clovis XI sat on his throne, watching the chaotic situation inside the throne room.