Chapter 17: Important Talk

(This is The Box. I'm sorry for procrastinating this work due to the real-world issue and some parts of the story that needed to be revamped compared to the original. I hope you can enjoy my work)

30/08/1637

Paradeus Castle Complex, Esthirant, Perlidia Empire

A couple of birds chirp, reacting as a sun ray penetrates through the branches and leaves. Various marble and rare stones were sculptured around the castle, alongside rare and exotic flora that can only be found outside the three civilization areas. The interior inside was decorated with various paintings, depicting the previous ruler and their achievement. The complex itself was one of the projections that Perlidia showed to the world

The Paradeus Garden was located deep behind the castle complex where royal families usually took a break and held a ball. On one of the pavilions, emperor Ludius enjoyed a morning tea break. Accompanied by an older lady who looked around the 60s, while wearing extravagant clothes. She was the former monarch and the current regent of the Perlidia empire, Antonia VI.

"So, I've heard that Louria has failed to conquer Quila-Toyne? I was surprised that the strongest country on that continent easily fall overnight"

Ludius put a teacup back into the saucer and sighed. "Dear mother, there's something that we cannot predict. An intervention by the country that we never heard of was one of them"

"Japan, right?" Said Antonia as she looked down on a country that they barely heard of. She took a cronett that served beside them and took a bite of it. Her expression showed that she was satisfied with the pastry that the highly prestigious royal chef neatly prepared.

"For a country where the name was barely heard, located in a place that is supposedly non-existed, and swoop down on the strongest uncivilized barbarian empires overnight, are you sure that the report was nothing but crystallized nonsense?"

A satisfied sigh came out from Ludius, who was finishing with the tea on his teacup. He put the teacup on the saucer before replying to his mother.

"So, what my dear mother says about the myth of the people of Murin is utter nonsense"

"Ludius, watch what you want to say to your mother. I don't like your tone"

In the middle of a debate between mother and son, a Perlidia royal guard approached the gazebo. Unlike the regular perlidian soldiers, the royal guards wore a decorated cuirass that differed from the cavalry. He stood in front of them, putting his right fist on his chest as a sign of respect for the ruler.

"Your majesty, there's an important meeting that requires your presence"

Ludius stood up and began to leave the pavilion. He momentarily stopped upon hearing his mother's words.

"Take care of this empire as our ancestors did"

Ludius was then escorted by the royal guard, leaving Antonia who enjoyed her morning tea break. Although she was rarely involved with the politics inside Perlidia, she was still an influential figure that firmly influenced the emperor.

Leakorn, Quila-Toyne Federation

Far away from the chaos after a few months of transference, a rumbling noise of mechanical engines broke the peaceful countryside. Two BDX10 Mega Cruisers that belong to JGSDF cruise through the prairie known as "The Green Sea". They have a duty in hand, establishing contact with a community that's secluded deep inside the sacred forest. Wet mud and grasses were sticking on their vehicle.

Inside one of the mega cruisers, a figure wearing a business suit, much different compared to other JGSDF personnel inside. He was Nori Hideki, who was seemingly observing a recorder that he received from a mysterious man that secretly visited the Japanese embassy. From its appearance, it was no different than Earth's counterpart. The only difference is the use of magic crystal instead of tape. He pressed the play button that was somehow different from the usual recorder.