CHAPTER FIFTEEN, sophie's pov

We'd both polity excused ourselves from the group which definately raised some eyebrows and Biana made some kissing noises but other than that nothing was really said.

We'd all planned on going for a swim but since Biana took a million stops at different restaurants we wound up needing to make dinner and then it was too dark, I had mine on underneath my clothes and Keefe and I had decided to go for a nearly midnight swim in the nearby lake.

"You're sure there's no snakes or weird shit in there?" I asked Keefe who'd run off the dock and into the water with a big and dramatic splash.

"Pretty sure yeah, oh wait hold on—" He grabbed at something on his foot which gave me a mini heart attack. "No there's nothing there," he said with a laugh once he saw my horrified expression. "It's sandy, snakes won't go here, they like muddier and more weedy places you're good."

"Oh okay," I said dipping my foot in, "Oh it's actually not that cold." I slipped into the water smoothly unlike Keefe and dunked under quickly. 

I swam over with him, the water was over my head but only came up to just below his shoulders, "You look gorgeous." He said while staring at me.

"Why thank you, you look pretty fine yourself," I said in a light hearted tone.

He was staring at my lips and leans in so carefully, he was so close I could hear our heart beats rapidly beating, although very irregularly.

His lips brushed against mine before he deepened the kiss, his lips moved against mine in perfect sync and pulled me closed against his chest as I busied mine in his hair. Fireworks were going off in my mind as he kissed me with a passion I'd not had before.

ooo

Aparently we'd both fallen asleep on the raft because I woke up to two things; the sun blazing unforgivably brightly in my face and a splash of water directly at my face.

"Foster? I was trying to poke you to wake you up but it didn't really work."

"So you splashed me?"

"Good morning sunshine!"

"I'm going to murder you." I promised.

"Eh, you'd miss me too much," he pointed out.

I slung my arms around his neck, "Yes I would," He thought I was about to kiss him when I used my leverage to fling us both in the water.

I resurfaced quickly and so did he, I watched as he spluttered water out of his mouth and wiped his face. He had a mischievous grin, "Oh so we're going to play that way?"

"No!" I squeaked, and quickly swam over to the ladder on the raft, "No we're not!" I sat cross legged right in-front of the ladder so he couldn't get up.

"C'mon Foster, you gotta get out of the way so I can throw you in when you don't expect it."

"I was thinking about it and I've come a conclusion, no way, keep dreaming." I replied and didn't budge.

"Aw, guess you're going to have to come back in." Keefe suggested.

"Promise not to take revenge or anything?"

"Just for you," He answered with a wink.

I stood up and jumped in causing a large splash, "Okay, I'm in, now no like tickling or like splashing."

"I'll think about it," he said as he came closer, my heart was fluttering a little bit as he neared. "I don't really have my watch but I kinda think we should probably get back to camp soon or else they're going to start getting the wrong idea."

"Sorry to break it to you babe but I think they already have the wrong idea."

"Tam and Wylie are never going to let me  live this down, I can already hear them teasing me." Keefe said tiredly.

I neared a little bit more and our faces were close, "I mean since they already have the wrong idea..." He seemed to catch what I'm saying and closed the distance between us, his lips moving softly against mine.

"OOH LOOK I FOUND THEM THEY'RE KISSING," Biana yelled.

I quickly broke apart from Keefe, "Oh my god Biana!" I swam into shore, I'm pretty sure my face was crimson. "I swear if you ever bring this up I'm gonna—"

"What? Blush at me?" She asked cheekily. 

"I'm going to ignore you." I responsed with and eye roll.

"So you can continue making out with Keefe?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah pretty much," Keefe said from behind me as he put his arm around my waist.

ooo

The walk of shame back to the cabin was equal parts embarrassing and humiliating, especially when Linh and Biana pulled me into theirs in order to question me on what had happened.

After breakfast we went on a nature hike, my back hurt from sleeping on the hard wood of the raft.

I had to pee, so I politely excused myself from the ground and went into the forest, after about to minutes when the path was no longer visible I felt someone grab me and aggressively say, "Don't move."

authors note: while writing that istg i went from 😁😏🥺😳

also i literally had to search up 'how to write kiss scenes' on pinterest lmao how'd i do lol