dreams come true

─── DREAMS COME TRUE
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

         Conrad Fisher has dreamed of waking up with Avery by his side as his arms hung around her waist far too many times, reason why a big part of him still struggles to believe he has been waking up like that every morning for the past few wee...

         Conrad Fisher has dreamed of waking up with Avery by his side as his arms hung around her waist far too many times, reason why a big part of him still struggles to believe he has been waking up like that every morning for the past few weeks, and it isn't another dream.

There was a time when he would have had to pretend he didn't wake up holding her body against his. A time when he would have had to jump away from her, act as if it never happened, and hope she hadn't woken up and caught them in said position. But now he gets to wake up and pull her even closer to him, hold her tightly, play with her hair, and stare at her as she sleeps with her head on his chest.

That was how Conrad Fisher concluded that maybe dreams do come true.

He was laying on the girl's bed, and she was using him as her human-sized pillow. Her head rested on his chest, her legs tangled with his, and her arms hanging loosely around his waist, just like he were. He couldn't stop smiling as he looked at her peacefully sleeping, as he tried not to think what it would be like to wake up like this for the rest of their lives.

They had been sleeping on the same bed since the night of Laurel's book party. Conrad would sneak into her room once they were sure everyone was in their rooms or wasn't going to bother them, and they would make out until they got tired before falling asleep in each other's arms.

There was no reason for them to be sneaking around after all, Jeremiah nor Susannah would find it strange that they were sharing a bed, not after the number of sleepovers they'd had. The Conklin's would maybe find it a bit strange since they were not used to their antics, but, for some reason, they both seemed to find the whole sneaking around part a little too fun to want to stop.

Things between them had never been better. They were way more in sync than usual. Even Conrad's mood swings were happening less frequently - at least when he was around Avery, Jeremiah, and the Conklin siblings, but they still happened just as often as they used to when he was around the grown-ups.

A few times, they found themselves wondering if what they were doing now was what had always been missing in their friendship.

The kissing part.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Friendship.

They agreed to be friends who kiss and sleep on each other's bed, but friends nonetheless. So, what they have shouldn't be described as a relationship. They wouldn't dare to. But instead, as a friendship, which is what they have always had, and will make sure to always have.

After making out quite a bit, they had finally dared to talk about their new situation, and it was at that moment that they learned Avery wasn't the only one who was scared of taking the step of turning their friendship into something more but had been the only one to let fear almost stop her from giving into her feelings, reason why they agreed on such terms