oblivious

─── OBLIVIOUS
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

         "I think Jere knows," Avery told Conrad as she began to do her makeup, "About us, I mean

"I think Jere knows," Avery told Conrad as she began to do her makeup, "About us, I mean."

About twenty minutes ago, Conrad had knocked on the girl's door, walked into the room, and made himself comfortable in her bed. Ever since, he had laid on the girl's bed, pretending to scroll through his phone, so she wouldn't catch him following her every moment while she got ready for Belly's birthday dinner.

The girl was oblivious to the boy's eyes on her and had yet to notice them after twenty minutes. She was sitting on the vanity, doing her makeup, and he watched her reflection from the bed, thankful that his mother had placed the vanity across from the bed.

"You're overthinking it," he told her.

"I am," she nodded in agreement while applying the gel to her eyebrows and brushing them, "We both know I am. I'm not going to deny it, but I really do think Jere knows or suspects something is going on."

"If he thought there was something, he would have brought it up already," Conrad insisted, knowing his brother and how annoying he would be if he did know something.

"I know, but I still have a big feeling that he knows," she also insisted.

"What makes you think he does?" he asked, knowing she would overthink it forever if he didn't calm her down.

"Well, today-" she began to say while searching for her lipgloss, which was nowhere to be found, "Can you check if there are any makeup bags in my suitcase. I can't find my gloss," she asked him, deciding to apply mascara instead.

"Sure," he nodded, setting his phone down and getting out of bed.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, remembering something, "There's a light blue bag that has pads and tampons, so look for another one,"

"Got it," he nodded, sitting on the floor beside her suitcase, "So, why do you think Jeremiah knows?" he asked, reminding her what they had been talking about seconds ago.

"Oh yeah, yeah," she nodded, "Today, for example, Taylor brought you up many times, and every time he would look at me strangely as if he was checking up on me, which was fucking weird,"

"He knew she was making you uncomfortable, Aves," he shrugged it off, "He knows how you felt all through high school. He was just taking care of you, trust me."

"He told me that he wanted me to meet someone he knows tonight, at the part. I don't know if I made a face or something, but he then asked me why I wasn't excited as I would normally be," she retold what had happened a few days ago, "I told him about the promise we made and he looked at me very seriously. Like extra serious. It looked so weird on him. He asked me if there was any other reason why I didn't want to hook up with someone,"