bird calls

─── BIRD CALLS
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

         "What if I run away?" said Avery as she sat on the passenger seat of Susannah's car, looking at the house they parked across the street, where the party they were supposed to be at was

"No," Steven and Conrad said in unison.

"You two are boring," she rolled her eyes.

"Ignore her," Conrad advised the boy who was sitting in the backseat, "Stay with us and trust me, you will be far, far, away from both of them," he told her,

"She wants to kill me, Conrad!" Avery dramatically exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air, "Kill me! You should have seen those murderous eyes..." she shook her body, "It gives me chills only reminding them..."

"You are so dramatic," her best friend sighed, getting ready for the possibility of having to stay in that car for the rest of the night, which they had done before.

"Wait-" Steven interrupted her to ask, "Are we talking about Taylor or Nicole?"

"Oh, fuck! Mierda! La puta madre! Fuck!" she began cursing, "I didn't even think about them both being there! What if they become best friends and come after me!"

"Who were you talking about then?" Conrad, who thought she was speaking about both girls, asked.

"Nicole, obviously,"

"Oh, yeah. Obviously," Steven nodded, pretending he hadn't been lost the entire conversation, "Why does she hate you? I mean, as far as I know, you two have yet to speak to each other..."

"Exactly!" Avery exclaimed, nodding as she pointed to the boy who m pointed out what made no sense to her, "I have yet to talk to her, but the girl hates me because she fucked Conrad-"

"Woah? No?" Conrad shook his head quickly, "I did not do such thing with her!"

Avery arched her brow, looking at him, "Sure, Con,"

He sighed, "We hooked up last summer, but that's it! I didn't sleep with her. You two would have found out if it happened!"

"That is true..." Steven whispered.

"You disgust me," she told him, wrinkling her nose as if she hadn't been moaning while on top of him that morning at the beach.

"Don't act all innocent when I know what you were doing last summer when you were in New York," he fired back, reminding her that he knows as much about her as she does about him.

"Meeting my new stepmom?" she asked, clueless about what he was talking about.

"Hooking up with your ex!" he responded, looking at her as if he had won.