bouquet of tulips

───  BOUQUET OF TULIPS
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

───  BOUQUET OF TULIPS(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty ❜

AGE THIRTEEN

         Conrad Fisher enjoys looking back on happy memories whenever he's feeling down, finding comfort in them. The boy has a list of memories he keeps close to his heart, the ones he looks back on the most. He has never shared the selection of memories with anyone, not even the girl who's part of every memory in said list. After years of friendship, she has only managed to figure one out. Or, he failed to deny that specific memory while keeping the others a secret.

The memory he failed to deny, giving away that it was one of the memories on the list, was the one from the day of her dad's second wedding, only she doesn't know what parts he keeps close to his heart and which ones he tries to forget.

When Avery found out her dad was getting married to a woman who seemed to dislike her just as much as he did, she only asked for one thing, after assuring them she would be on her best behavior and do whatever they wanted; for them to let her bring her best friend along with her. That's why the boy and his mother bought him his first suit the same day they helped Avery buy her flower girl dress.

On the wedding day, little Conrad Fisher walked out of his house with one mission: to make sure Avery always had a smile on her face. He was ready to embarrass himself as long as that kept her smiling. He wanted to show her off, not only because she was technically his date, which he was definitely proud of, but because he wanted all the guests to see how great she turned out to be, even after everything she had gone through.

Susannah dropped her son off at the steps of their local chapel; after kissing him and reminding him to call if he or Avery wanted to leave. The boy nodded, promised her he would take care of his best friend, and kissed his mom's cheek before walking into the chapel and sitting down in one of the empty seats, knowing he wouldn't be able to see his best friend until after the ceremony.

When the music started playing, he had no idea he would see her so fast. He had no idea he would lose his breath because of her, either. The little boy had thought his best friend looked beautiful when he, his mom, and her bought the dress, but he hadn't been prepared to watch her walk down the ail looking more beautiful than ever before.

The boy knew his best friend was beautiful, he had always thought so, and his mother loved to remind him of it, yet that had been the first time her beauty left him speechless.

During dinner, at the huge and overly decorated hall, they found a way to calm her down when she started to overthink. Conrad noticed her staring into space with her eyebrows furrowed and decided to grab her hand, squishing it softly. The boy would never forget the way she smiled when she turned to look at him, how he thought that she had the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen, and how the thought he kept trying to shut down kept crossing his mind.