the conklin's

─── THE CONKLIN'S
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

         Conrad had always enjoyed waking Avery up, reason why early that morning, he walked into her room and began doing so, "Avery! Averyyy! Aves, you have to wake up!" he yelled at his best friend, who ignored him and continued sleeping, "If y...

         Conrad had always enjoyed waking Avery up, reason why early that morning, he walked into her room and began doing so, "Avery! Averyyy! Aves, you have to wake up!" he yelled at his best friend, who ignored him and continued sleeping, "If you continue ignoring me, I'll have to do something you won't like!" he warned before jumping into her bed, accidentally landing on top of her, causing her to wake up.

"What the fuck!?" she screamed before hitting the boy with one of her pillows.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty! We have guests that will arrive at any moment!" the boy sang as he made himself comfortable on the girl's bed.

"Leave me alone!" she groaned before covering her head with the comforter as if it would make the boy leave her alone.

Conrad pulled the comforter up, and covered himself with it, just like she had done, so they found themselves facing each other again. Avery was already glaring at him when his eyes landed on her, causing him to smile. In response, she rolled her eyes, and the boy responded by sticking his tongue out like a little kid.

"Averyyy," he insisted, poking her side.

"I don't want to wake up, and it is all your fault!" she groaned, aware that the boy knew she wasn't a morning person and enjoyed annoying her.

"Whatever you want to believe, Aves," he rolled his eyes, "C'mon, I know you want to shower and change before meeting the Conklin's. First impressions are everything, right?"

"What's wrong with my pjs?" she exclaimed, as they both looked down at her plaid pajama shorts and a T-shirt she stole from him years ago.

"Well..." he made a disgusted face as he spoke, reason why Avery launched herself on him.

She threw the comforter off herself and jumped on top of the boy. Her chest was on top of his. Their faces were way too close. And they were looking into each other eyes, and Avery froze. This has never happened before. Why is this happening now? She began to freak out. Conrad, oblivious to her fight with her brain, arched his brow, and a smug smile grew on his lips.

"Bop!" he laughed, tapping the girl's nose playfully before pushing her away so she would fall back into the mattress, "I'll be back in 10. If you aren't up, I'll have to bring Jere with his bucket of cold water," he threatened, before leaving the room, still oblivious over Avery's confusion.

━━━━

Avery and Conrad were sitting by the pool's side when Susannah yelled that the Conklin's had arrived. It took those four words for Avery to begin feeling nervous and start overthinking. What if they don't like me? Do they even know I'm going to spend the summer with them? Oh god! What if they don't know and get mad that I'm here?