waltzing lessons

─── WALTZING LESSONS
(⌗ ♥︎! ) 一 the summer i turned pretty

         As the sun began to paint the sky in hues of pink and orange, Avery and Conrad found comfort in each other's arms as they sat on the sandy shore

As the sun began to paint the sky in hues of pink and orange, Avery and Conrad found comfort in each other's arms as they sat on the sandy shore. Their tear-stained faces still carried traces of their conversation from moments before, yet as they sat side by side, their gazes fixed on the horizon, a sense of tranquility had washed over them.

"Con?" Avery whispered so softly she wasn't sure the boy would even hear her.

"Yes?" he whispered back a few seconds later, sounding as if her voice had brought him back from his thoughts.

"I'm sorry..." she said as she played with the sleeves of his shirt, which he had given to her minutes ago.

"Aves-" he began, but she quickly shut him up.

"I behaved like a bitch earlier," she shook her head, knowing he would try to interrupt her, "I did. I told you I would wait until you were ready to talk about it and then tried pressuring you into telling me... I just- No. It doesn't matter why I did it, just that I'm sorry, Con."

"It's ok. Really," he insisted, just like she knew he would, "I too would have lost it if you were acting strangely for almost a year and refused to tell me why," he shrugged.

"Ok, but I'm still sorry," she insisted.

"Then I'm sorry for yelling and leaving you crying,"

"I deserved that," she shrugged.

"You didn't,"

"I did,"

"Ok, maybee you did," he laughed while poking her side.

"Hey!" she exclaimed, pretending to sound offended as she slapped his arm, "You weren't supposed to agree!"

"We should head back," he said as he rubbed his eyes, "Don't forget we have early dance rehearsal with Ms. Covington,"

"Ughh! Why did I agree to do that again?" she groaned as he rubbed her hands against her face.

"No. The correct question is, why did I agree to do this again?"

"Because you kind of like me?" she asked as she turned to face him.

"I would never feel such thing!" he gasped.

"Really?" she arched her brow, and a smirk rose on her lips.

"Mhhmm," he smiled as his hands rested on her hips, bringing her closer to him.

"Because I remember something about me being some guy's crush since... How long was it? Oh, yeah! Since forever." she couldn't help but smile as they sat only inches away from either other.

"Not me," he shrugged as he carefully moved her, positioning her on top of him.

"Was that not you? I swear it was you!"