Chapter 5

It was the beginning of October when Felix was once again needed in two places at one time. Up to this point, if either man had a nightmare and the other had awoken, they would stay up the rest of the night talking, laughing, and sharing stories. These days Malfoy wasn't looking quite so good, and as Halloween slowly approached, Harry was becoming more sullen and reserved as well. Now that the war was over, the looming death anniversary of his parents seemed to hit even harder.

This time Draco had been woken up first, and he was confused when Felix rushed back to Harry immediately instead of staying to comfort him like normal. Tentatively, Draco followed and he frowned when he saw Harry curled up in his bed whimpering and shaking. He wondered if this was what Harry had seen on that first night, and quickly got Harry and himself some water.

"I'm alright Felix, thank you."

"Here."

Harry tensed, hand immediately reaching under his pillow for his wand.

"Hey, it's just me," Draco said softly, approaching slowly.

"Sorry. Force of habit. You alright?"

"I don't know if I ever will be," Draco answered honestly, sitting next to Harry in the bed as he handed him a glass of water.

"Me neither. Thanks."

They sat in silence for a while, leaning against each other for support, and Draco was getting progressively more tired. Yawning, he slumped down against the headboard.

"Lay down if you want."

"Should go back to mine," he mumbled, making no effort to get up and leave.

"I want company still."

Draco's tired mind recognized it as an easy out, well more like an in, and he took it. Harry's bed was warm, and his presence made Draco feel safe.

"Only because you asked so nicely."

Harry watched a very sleepy Draco get comfortable in his bed, and close his eyes.

"You gonna sleep too or are you gonna watch me?"

"You're more pleasant to look at when you're not speaking," Harry teased.

Eyes still closed, Draco was waving his hand through the air, trying to playfully hit Harry. Instead, his hand swiped through his hair and he opened one eye.

"It's soft."

"My hair? I suppose it is."

"Didn't think so."

"Just because it's messy doesn't mean it's not soft," Harry huffed. "We can't all look as well put together as you Malfoy."

"Compliment me again in the morning. 'm sleepy."

"Night."

"Goodnight."

Soon enough, Draco's steady breaths were able to lull Harry back to sleep. When he awoke the next morning, his and Draco's hands were resting on top of each other. It was kind of sweet really, and Harry relished in the soft connection.

After drifting back to sleep, he was awoken some time later by Draco rubbing soft circles with his thumb on the top of Harry's hand.

"You alright?," Harry rasped, voice still filled with sleep.

The movements stopped, and Draco was glad Harry's eyes were still closed because he just knew he was blushing.

"Sorry, nervous habit. I was just thinking."

"It's comforting, I don't mind."

"Do you want to skip class today?," Draco asked suddenly.

"You want to skip class?," Harry asked, opening his eyes in disbelief.